CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20

 This chapter is dedicated to Digila-san, my commenter from AO3 ! Happy birthday, Digila-san! :D I uploaded this chapter without knowing her birthday but I am so happy because I had great timing in posting this chapter on her birthday.  

"Why can't you even do it right!?"

"What about you then!? Can't you stop being nit-picking about everything!?"

Ah, they're fighting again, Masato thought wearily. As usual, he ended up standing between the fighting duo, trying his best not to side anyone while soothing their anger. It was not even half an hour passed but the whole training room felt like it seethed with tense. A lot of years elapsed and they all had other commitments like family and solo projects so it was hard to gather all seven of them (especially for them to meet Tokiya) unless it was for their comeback practice.

And yet, the moment was always ruined by a fracas between Tokiya and Syo.

"Hey, guys. Stop that," Masato lost count on how many times did he say 'stop that' or 'please stop fighting' to Tokiya and Syo. They were at each other's throats again, starting from how Tokiya kept nagging about each of their tiny mistake in dancing or singing. "We rarely can gather everyone like this so should we settle this matter nicely instead?"

This matter existed dues to Tokiya's obsession with defeating HEAVENS for everything.

When this unpleasantly clichéd moment took place, Natsuki and Otoya tended to take it positively but anyone could tell that they were hurt by Tokiya's harsh words. Cecil always bottled up because he respected Tokiya as a very experienced teammate while Syo just simply talked back, given how bad his temper was. Masato and Ren would get stuck in the middle since they both almost never got scolded but it still did not make them felt any better.

"How am I supposed to stop when this guy kept repeating the same mistake? He should stop playing soccer in the evening if he performs this bad!" Tokiya reasoned out, making Masato flinched at his loud tone.

"But you can tell him nicely, you know," Otoya supplied as frustration spread over his face. "Syo works hard every day and he only spends less than two hours to play in the evening. That's the only way for him to release his stress."

"If he never improves, he doesn't even deserve a rest. He should be grateful that nobody scolds him for sleeping yet," Tokiya retorted, looking daggers at Otoya. At this point, Cecil naturally approached the redhead to defend him while Natsuki was behind Syo.

"Then, do you expect me to work 24 hours like you!? You might want to live like a robot but I don't!" Syo remarked as he pushed Natsuki's hand from holding his shoulder.

"Then you can quit being an idol. This industry doesn't need someone incompetent like you," Tokiya said. As usual, the poker face and flat voice did not match the brutality in his words.

Everybody gasped at the ruthless comment except for Syo. His usually loud mouth felt numb to shout back as his mind still haltingly processed Tokiya's words.

What... what did this bastard just say?

Seeing Syo's reaction, Cecil could not endure it anymore. It was true that he and Syo did not always treat each other well but the guy was still his close friend.

"Tokiya, I've had enough of you," Cecil stepped forward, looking daggers at the blue head. "All this time I've looked up to you and I wanted to work hard like you. But now, I really can't stand your attitude. When you're with us, you always ruined the moment. Can you appreciate your friends more instead of whining about everything? You're the one who has to loosen up, Tokiya!"