CHAPTER 13

This chapter is dedicated to a guest from AO3, Digila-san. :D Their comment made my day and they also made me realized something. Half of the problems in this story would be solved if STARISH talked it out. Even I myself felt annoyed with how Tokiya avoided his teammates before going, 'Ah, he has that reason so it makes senses now.' And also thank you so much for Rostary and Akabane Toudou Shion for their support, votes, and comments ^^ Soon, you guys will know why Cecil and Syo were especially bitter with Tokiya. They had a right to be that resentful. :D

CHAPTER 13

"Mommy, doll! Princess doll!" Mitsuki cheered, holding a doll with a glittery purple gown. Her short arm was stretched up to Haruka's eye level.

"Woww, it's so beautiful! Did ojichan buy it for you?" Haruka asked, eyeing Tokiya who showed no disposition to respond to her. Instead, he was holding a chopstick, feeding Harumi who clung to his arm.

"Yes, Mommy!"

They were all gathering in the dining room, having their lunch. Everybody brought the meals that they felt the most confident with, including Natsuki who was still oblivious of his mad cooking. It was expected that his ghastly tempura was the least popular among them except for Ren. The scion who had the most outlandish taste bud for acknowledging Natsuki's dish out of them was the first person who dished the tempura up into his plate. He could care less when Otoya and Syo gasped at his plate, imagining the horror behind it.

As for Mitsuki who waited for her mother to dish out her food, she ended up running around while joking with all Masato's friends until...

"Tokiya ojichan?" Mitsuki poked her head right in front of Tokiya who was scooping a small amount of kinpira gobo into his plate. Her sudden exclamation and bright eyes almost sent him jumping out of his skin which might send his elbow to smack Harumi's face.

"Yes, dear," he said with a smile. He assumed that she was confirming his name since she still muddled him up with Masato. Thankfully, Harumi already explained to her when they played together in the girls' playroom or else, Mitsuki would keep asking 'Two Daddy?' to everyone.

"Same with Daddy," she remarked as she pointed at Masato. It seemed like she went into raptures over meeting her father's twin. "Ojichan's face is the same with Daddy."

He chuckled before feeding Mitsuki on a small slice of boiled chicken. It was Tokiya's natural reaction every time he had food in his hand and he happened to talk to an endearing child.

"How's it? Is it delicious?" He asked.

The girl blinked at him as she silently chewed the food. From her facial expression, it seemed like she wanted to tell him, 'why did you feed me, ojichan? Mommy is preparing my food' but she formed a smile afterward.

"Hm... delicious! Aaaaaa," Mitsuki opened her mouth wide, expecting the next one. The others could not help but chortle at her jollity. The second daughter of Masato's family had always been cheery and easy to get chummy with.

"Oh, do you want more?"

"But, ojichan... what about mine?" Harumi asked from his left side.

This time, Harumi and Mitsuki saved Tokiya a lot, just by being clingy to him. He could make himself busy like a babysitter instead of joining the others' conversation. No sarcasm would come to pass and he could leave the house without more sullenness in his head.

"Harumi, can you please leave ojichan for a while? He has to eat too," Haruka said, throwing a disapproving look at her daughter. She bet Tokiya did not eat properly since this morning so she felt bad for the man. "Mitsuki, come to Mommy. Your food is ready."