CHAPTER 31

I didn't reread this chapter thoroughly so sorry for the mistakes.

CHAPTER 31

While Tomochika did not waste Tokiya's handkerchief to wipe her tears, she was quiet until they arrived in her apartment.

"No, please don't call him! I don't want to see him," that was what Tomochika said, along with more tears streamed down her face when Tokiya suggested that he should call Eiichi to comfort her.

That was when Tokiya could spot the cause of her heartbreaking state.

When she finally could control her overwhelming emotions, she offered him to take a shower in the guest room and Eiichi's clothes which he habitually left some since he always spent the night there.

Eiichi might show up anytime to pick up his belongings but she did not care. She was no longer his future wife anyway.

"No, I don't think I can do this," after they both finished with their bath, she left the living room abruptly before heading to the kitchen. With the sound of knocking bottles, Tokiya instantly knew what she was up to.

She took out two bottles of wine which she was gulping down one of them.

"Tomo..."

"I need this, Tokiya. Then only I can sort out my mind and tell you the whole story."

Reluctantly, she was right. More she got drunk, the smoother her talking became. Tokiya did not ask for the details but she blurted them out like bullets. It showed how much she bottled up. It showed how much pain she had immersed herself into.

"I broke off with Eiichi," she said as the introduction. Spotting how much Tokiya's eyes widened, she added, "I know. It's surprising, right? But for me, it's not. I know it's going to end like that because unlike you, that person is in denial regarding his mental illness. He didn't seek an expert's help because he believes nothing is wrong with him."

"A mental illness? Eiichi?"

"Yeah. I know we shouldn't self-diagnose but most probably he suffers from Othello syndrome and PTSD. He always thought that I cheated on him," she stated before more sips of drinks followed. "And also the fact that he has a cruel father. Basically, Otori-san and that Saotome are the same. Saotome tortured you to gain profits while his father abused Eiichi since he was young, also to gain profits. He wanted Eiichi to be perfect."

"What?" It should not be surprising when any famous celebrity appeared worse than his public image but to know that it happened to Eiichi was still surprising for his mind to process.

"But I think that Raging Otori has a much crueler side, though. He tortured his own son. Just like Eiichi, he got jealous easily and that's why none of his marriage could stand longer. When something dissatisfies him, Eiichi would be his punching bag. Ah, you know what? On that day when Masato joined you guys as the instant guest for the interview, that bastard hit Eiichi because he couldn't overshadow you both."

Tokiya knew Tomochika was no longer in her right mind when she blurted out too many details. Out of people in this world, he should not be in the list of the people who could know the Otori's conflicts.

"Eiichi and you have a lot of similarities. He wasn't born with a natural talent, unlike Eiji who can sing without even trying. But, just like you, he loves music. It's his comfort and passion so he struggled to be an idol. People claimed that he could debut because his father wanted it but people couldn't see how much he loved to be an idol. As for HEAVENS, they make his life shine. They gave him the reasons to never give up. Just like you and STARISH."