Chapter Two- White Blank Page

Start from the beginning

'Lucas you are babbling, this is unlike you'

'I want to do this properly this time, God knows with Sarah I didn't if you want you can do a background check on her, her name is Hayley Tanner, she is a teacher'

'I will get Ruth run the checks, but Lucas I think she will be good for you, even if you are just acquainted, we all need something outside of this place where we can be who we need to be'

'And what do you have?' Lucas asked.

'I have my Dog' Harry smiled.

Lucas smiled back. 'You will let me know when the checks have come back, I am meeting her tonight and I would like to be able to tell her, before well I decide if I want to take this further' Lucas said.

'I will get it done ASAP'

LNLNLN

Lucas smiled as he pulled up outside her flat; he had been in a meeting with Harry about Hayley, her check had come back all clear like Lucas had suspected but this meant that he was going to have to get her to sign the Official Secret Act tonight. Tonight he decided with going to make or break the both of them either tonight they moved forward and maybe start something between them or it was time they were going to say goodbye. Lucas felt his heart constrict when he thought of the prospect of having to say goodbye to her. Suppressing those thoughts he got some of the food supplies out of his boot and made his way to her door, he knocked on it.

She opened the door her hair was down and she was not wearing shoes, he wondered whether this was a rule in her flat. She smiled when she saw him carrying shopping bags.

'Hey'

'Hello' Lucas smiled, 'I thought I would cook you some pasta dish, I brought the ingredients and the wine'

'Thank you' She nodded, 'Are you okay?'

'Huh? Yes I am fine well actually I have something I need to talk to you about but I will put dinner on first' Lucas smiled. 'Kitchen'

'Through there' Hayley pointed.

Lucas moved his way through to the kitchen plonking the bag on the work surface. He began to look for pots and pans. Hayley laughed as she sat back on her sofa to finish the book she was meant to be marking however, she was finding it difficult to do so. She put the book down and went down to kitchen.

'Everything okay?' Hayley smiled.

'Yes, just cooking the pasta, here is your glass of wine'

'You wanted to talk to me?'

'I did' Lucas nodded; he turned the pasta down on the stove so it would not boil over. 'It might be better if you sit down for this though'

'Is this the time you tell me it's not you it's me and I have had a brilliant time, but I can no longer see you' Hayley looked to him, sitting at her kitchen table, 'Let's skip that as we are not actually seeing each other'

'That was not what I was going to say, it's about my job'

'Oh finally going to tell me are you?' She raised an eyebrow.

'I am but before I do, I want to tell you that I have had a brilliant time with you over the last three meeting's we have had and whatever you decide after I tell you this. It is your decision and I will respect that'

'Lucas you are scaring me' Hayley looked to him.

'Hayley, I am a Spy, I work for MI5' Lucas said.

'Pull the other one' she looked at his face and she could tell he was not lying to her. 'Oh, So is your name really Lucas? I've heard how this goes you tell a false name when you are at work so that no one really knows who you are'