Chapter Two- White Blank Page

Mulai dari awal

Lucas found himself checking his phone a number of times over the next few days, he was not sure why he was, he should not be getting involved with another woman, he was not even sure he could trust her at the moment, but he kept thinking about her and wondering if she was okay. Oh No Lucas thought to himself, he was going to have to talk to Harry about Hayley soon especially if he wanted to see her as much as he did recently.

Hayley had been so busy with what had happened at school, it had been a little bit of a problem with kids running riot. She had been working late and when she got home finally she was so tired she would make some food and then head to bed. She had not even got to ring her mum and dad to do her weekly check in. She guessed this was what being a real teacher was like a lot of work and not a lot of time. She rested her head on her desk for a moment when she heard her phone buzzing, she turned it on vibrate as soon as her classes where over so that she could hear if anyone wanted her, not that anyone ever did but it was a comfort to her.

'Hello' she said.

'Hayley, it's me Lucas'

'Hey stranger' she felt a smile come across her lips.

'Hey, sorry for not calling sooner, if I say busy at work would you believe me?'

'I would, I have been busy too'

'Bad week?' She could hear his concern down the phone it was reassuring.

'Nothing a bottle of wine can't fix' Hayley reassured him. 'Why were you calling Lucas?'

'I was wondering if you would like to grab a bite to eat later'

'I have a ton of marking I need to get through Lucas, not to mention paperwork with my form group'

Lucas was not going to give up easily he had not seen her for over a week, and he wanted to spend some time with the person he did not have to pretend to be anyone else he could be Lucas. 'How about I cook something for you? You could come to my place or I could come to yours, you can mark and I can cook you wouldn't have to do anything'

Hayley smiled more broadly good thing he was not in the room with her, 'Let me think, okay why not, your place or mine?'

'Yours' Lucas replied, 'It's safer'

'Safer Are you sure you are not a criminal?' she laughed down the phone.

'I promise I will explain who I am soon, but just trust me a little bit longer'

'I will be looking forward to those answers. International man of mystery Lucas, I will see you later then what time will you be round?'

'I will be round about eight and I am cooking so don't you have cooked when I get there okay what number are you?'

'23' Hayley replied, 'See you later'

'See you later' Lucas repeated and hung up.

LNLNLN

He was in need to see Harry now, he could not have this meeting with Hayley without telling her who he was, she deserved the truth, and she could decide what she wanted to do from there. It was her decision and Lucas would respect that. But he would not tell anyone that if she did not want to be involved with him he was not sure what he was going to do. He walked to Harry's office and tapped on the door.

'Lucas, is there a problem?' Harry looked up to the young man in front of him, his new section head. Harry had been in two minds about offering Lucas the job much as he trusted him, he was not sure he was ready to take on this responsibility not yet not after Russia.

'I wanted to talk to you about something'

'Go ahead'

'I thought I should make you aware, I am currently seeing someone, well not seeing someone. We are not dating. I am more acquainted with someone. But I would like to tell her what I am; of course I will get her to sign the OSA'