I glance at the concerned Damien and, immediately, an idea crosses my mind.

"It's alright," I say. "Damien will drive me home. He has been wanting to hang out with me for a while. Plus, we have to figure out when to have our date."

Hearing that I chose him over Reece, Damien's mood brightens, while Reece purses his lips in... disappointment?

...But why?

"Fair," he says, clearly not happy with my decision.

Damien stands up, helping me up too.

"Goodbye, everyone. I'm sorry that I have to leave like this."

"Get well soon," Harris says.

"If you need company, call me," Jenny says.

"If you need a hugacetamol or a kisspirin, call me," Nolan says, to which I feign a small smile.

Luna simply remains silent.

"Bye," Reece whispers.

When I leave with Damien, I glance back. Luna smiles seductively at Reece, biting her lower lip, as she starts to engage him in a conversation. I don't understand why my chest suddenly feels heavy at this sight. I mean, I did what's best for me yet... why do I feel like I'm at a loss.

***

Driving, Damien increases the heat in his car when he notices that I'm shivering.

"Thank you," I mumble.

"Don't mention it... What exactly happened?" he asks.

"Reece's tire bursted. We were changing it together and got caught in the rain during the process."

"And you're wearing Reece's shirt..." he says.

"It really is obvious, isn't it?" I say.

"It's three times your size, and the shirt Reece was wearing is not exactly his style. Hard to miss, really."

He glances at me.

"My jumper was drenched and it got see-through. Reece offered to lend me his shirt."

All of a sudden, Damien's grip on the stirring wheel slackens.

"Wait, were you bothered by this?" I ask.

He purses his lips.

"Well, we are about to date, and seeing you wear another guy's shirt is not exactly what I want," he says.

"Ooooh. Jealous, are we?" I hum.

He scoffs.

"No," he says with conviction.

"Sounds like you are."

"I'm not jealous. I just don't like seeing you wear some guy's clothes. I don't like to share what's mine."

"Jealous and possessive. My my, Damien. What is this side of you?" I tease.

"Let's just drop it," he sighs, giving up.

I laugh, catching him off-guard. When I stop, he has a smile playing on his lips.

"So, when should we have our first date?" he asks after a pause of silence. "I was thinking the 9th?"

"Of...?" I ask, to which he furrows his eyebrows.

"...January?" he says, confused.

"Of 2000? Sure, I'm available then."