8

"I love the way I am whenever I am with you. Happy. Goofy. Illogical..."
– Nautica

❀❀❀

~ D O R O T H Y ~

October 1997

"Remember that the gradient of this graph represents the acceleration..."

I listen attentively while Mr. Philips teaches in front of the classroom. Physics is interesting, but not as interesting as biology. If it were not for biology, I guess I would have decided to study physics at university.

Something flashes in my peripheral vision and I look to my right. Damien is looking at me with a smirk. He points his index finger towards my table. I look down and notice a folded piece of paper.

A note.

I smile sweetly at Damien, picking up his note. His smile widens, buying my pretence. Then, I chuck it behind me and shoot a glare at him before I give my full attention to our physics teacher.

After what happened yesterday, does he really expect me to listen to him?

Sadly, he does not give up. Picking up his black marker, he begins to scribble something in his notebook. Discreet, he rips the paper, folds it and tosses it to my table. Annoyed, I flick his folded note to a table of a girl who is sitting in front of him. Damien's blue eyes widen and he mouths, 'no no no'.

Well too late, boy!

Curious, the girl in front of him picks the note up and unfolds it to read what it says. Because it is written in thick, black letters, I am able to discern it from my seat.

I've been wondering, do your lips taste as good as they look?

Oh, what have my poor, poor eyes just read? But what horrifies me more is the fact that Damien is acting completely inappropriate towards me. Should I be worried? I mean, I barely know the creep and I am not sure of what he is capable of.

The girl turns around to face Damien and smirks.

"How about you find out for yourself after class, pretty boy?" she purrs lowly, biting her lower lip.

Damien grimaces once she turns to face the front. He glances at me and I keep a straight face, trying to focus on Mr. Philips. Unexpectedly, he smiles in amusement and leans back against his chair, crossing his arms and shaking his head slowly. I try my best to ignore him for the rest of the class.

When class ends, I rush out to avoid any chance of him talking to me.

***

I have not seen Reece yet today. I guess he has not come in to recover from what happened last night.

I buy a cereal bar and a milk carton for lunch before I make my way towards the table where my friends are sitting around. Monica appears from out of nowhere and bumps into me, making sure that all the food she has on her tray rubs against my shirt. I feel the wetness of the food seep onto my skin through my shirt.

"Ugh," I groan, grimacing.

"Oops," she says. "I didn't see you there."

She bats her long eyelashes, acting all innocent. Oh, how I have this huge urge to rip them off and stuff them up her nose. I wonder how she manages to keep her eyes open with all that bright pink eyeshadow and thick eyelashes. Her blonde hair has new pink highlights and her face is, like yesterday, covered in a thick layer of foundation.