12

"I hate you for making me want you..."
– Nautica

❀❀❀

~ D O R O T H Y ~

November 1997

It has been two days since Damien's birthday party, and everyone in the cafeteria is still talking about it. It turns out that everyone enjoyed it, although the majority of them couldn't clearly remember what happened. Luna and Leo are great examples.

The way Luna acted around Harris earlier today gave me the impression that she doesn't remember that she was kissed by him. Leo believes that the reason why he woke up with his lips swollen is that he kissed some 'hot dude', but we all know that it was, unfortunately for him, a mere pillow.

While Harris and I are sitting at our usual table with our lunches in front of us, the twins are waiting in the queue to buy their food. Jenny left college early because of a dentist appointment.

"Dorothy, can we talk? Please?" Harris requests, fidgeting in his seat.

Of course he would want to talk about it right now. The queue is long, so the twins will take quite some time to reach our table. Sighing, I nod my head.

"I guess we have to," I say, opening my tub of grapes.

I packed fifteen grapes instead of thirteen today because there were two grapes left in the packet. Not wanting to waste food, I decided to pack them too.

"Please don't tell Luna–"

"I wasn't planning on it," I say just before I plop a grape into my mouth.

A look of relief washes over his face.

"But I'm expecting you to tell her," I add, causing him to tense up again.

"Dorothy, I c-can't–"

"Harris," I say, slowly and sternly. "She was drunk. She doesn't remember anything. Do you think it's right that she doesn't know that you kissed her?"

"I couldn't control it," he says. "I mean, it just happened!"

"Without her consent," I remind him.

"When you put it that way..." he groans, rubbing his temples. "God, I sound like a terrible person. Why am I like this?"

I shake my head.

"Harris, you are not a terrible person. You have to tell her," I say.

"...Fine. I... I'll tell her, but only when the time is right."

Personally, I think he should tell her as soon as possible. But given how regretful and worried he looks right now, I acquiesce.

"You promise?" I ask.

"I promise."

"Good," I say, smiling at him. "Now tell me, how long have you had feelings for her?"

"Feelings? I don't know what you're talking about." 

He crosses his arms, while I roll my eyes.

"Seriously? Harris, I'm not an idiot. You kissed her. No point hiding it. Besides, didn't you attend the party because you were a bit jealous that she was planning to impress Reece?"

His jaw drops and his eyes pop out of their sockets.

"...How did you know?"

I smirk, recalling how he had gripped onto his carton of milk and slammed it on the table when Luna announced her intention to seduce Reece.