eunsang suddenly stopped, which made haeyoung bump into his back. "ow, why'd you stop?!" haeyoung asked, rubbing her forehead.

"we're here!" eunsang said, his chest heaving up and down.

"at the grocery store?" she asked, panting her lungs out.

"yep." eunsang said.

"why? i didn't bring any money!" haeyoung said.

"don't worry, i brought some." eunsang said, smiling.

"woah, memories~" haeyoung said, sitting down on the swing.

"yeah! remember when we went here after school that day?" eunsang said.

"yep, the frozen yogurt day?"

"yeah! but this time it's ice cream." eunsang said, chuckling. "and it's like, three in the morning."

haeyoung let out a small laugh, scooping a spoon of ice cream and from the small tub eunsang bought for the both of them. "woah~" she said, looking up. "the sky's clear tonight! so much stars!"

"i know right." eunsang said. "it's so chilly right now, i don't even know why we chose to buy ice cream."

"honestly, i'd eat ice cream even if i was in antarctica." haeyoung said. "thanks for the snacks, though. i really appreciate it."

"no problem. anything to cheer you up." eunsang said, giving her a cheeky smile, making the girl beside him smile back. "but i see you're a fan of the banana milk you got there."

"yeah~ it's the only banana milk i like. others taste really weird, at least for me." she said, sipping on the carton of milk eunsang also got for her. "oh, and by the way, congratulations for winning the talent show. i didn't get to congratulate you earlier."

"thank you! and it's okay, i understand. maybe let's celebrate with dongpyo some time since his team placed, too."

"sounds like a great idea."

the two continued chatting, admiring the night sky, and enjoying each other's presence. once they finished the tub of ice cream, haeyoung looked at her watch; it was passed 4AM.

"oh, it's already 4AM. we should head home. my grandmother is probably wor-" she said, but stopped when eunsang looked at her with a concerned look, then she realized her mistake. "i mean, your parents are gonna get worried when they find out that you aren't at home at 4AM."

"uh, yeah. let's go, i'll walk you home." he said.

"no, you don't have to. you already did enough tonight."

"i insist."

"please, eunsang. you did so much for me, you can let me walk home by myself-"

"-and let you get possibly harassed by a random old dude? um, i don't think so. plus, a young woman like you shouldn't be walking alone in the streets of busan at 4AM. dangerous. very."

haeyoung sighed in defeat. "you do have a point, i don't wanna get hurt."

"well, let's go!" eunsang cutely said, making haeyoung chuckle.

"let's go." haeyoung said, but with much less energy. they started walking out the playground.

"are you tired?" eunsang said. "i'll give you a piggy-back ride home if you want."

"um, no thanks." haeyoung said, chuckling.

"you sure?" eunsang said.

"yes, i'm sure. i'm also sure you don't wanna get your back broken by my fat ass."

"okay." eunsang said, chuckling at her response.

they walked back home in the dark night, and haeyoung could say that she was cheered up by eunsang. when they reached haeyoung's house, haeyoung looked at eunsang.

"well, thanks for tonight. you actually cheered me up." haeyoung said.

"no problem." eunsang said.

haeyoung sighed again, looking down. "eunsang?"

"yeah?" he asked.

"can i get a hug one last time for tonight? or... should i say this early morning?" she said, looking back up.

eunsang smiled. "sure."

eunsang and haeyoung squeezed themselves in each other's arms, haeyoung feeling the warmth of eunsang's embrace. and once again, she felt that spark light within her.

after a good minute, haeyoung pulled away, smiling at eunsang. "well, i'm gonna get some rest, you should, too."

"yeah, rest well! see you on monday!" eunsang said.

they waved at each other one last time before parting ways.

well, back to reality. haeyoung thought, laying down on her bed, placed in her silent room.