𝑥. 𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗄

Start from the beginning

"Who are you?" A frat boy asked.

"We're your new roommates, well, except her, she's just doing a report." Dean smiles and walks over to the boy. The boy holds the brush and paint can out to Dean.

"Do me a favor? Get my back. Big game today."

Dean points to Sam "He's the artist. Things he can do with a brush." Sam is mortified, takes the brush and can. Dean sits on a chair and picks up a magazine, while Elena is in a corner.

"So." Dean says, he looks at the name in the magazine, "Murph. Is it true?"

"What?"

"We heard one of the guys around here got killed last week." Dean said.

"Yeah." Murphy says.

"What happened?" Sam asked.

"They're saying some psycho with a knife. Maybe a drifter passing through. Rich was a good guy."

"Rich he was with somebody?" Dean asks.

"Not just somebody. Lori Sorensen."

"Who's Lori Sorensen?" Dean asked, he looks at Sam.

"You missed a spot. Just down there, on the back." Dean says while grinning, Sam looks annoyed.

"Lori's a freshman. She's a local. Super hot. And get this, she's a reverend's daughter." Murph says.

"You wouldn't happen to know which church, would ya?" Dean asked.

✫☆✫

At a church, a Rev is giving out a mass, "Our hearts go out to the family of a young man who perished. And my personal prayers of thanks go out as well because I believe he died trying to protect my daughter."

A girl, who is Lori Sorensen, looks embarrassed.

"And now, as time heals all our wounds, we should reflect on what this tragedy means. To us, as a church."

Sam, Dean, and Elena enter and the door slams behind them. The congregation goes silent and turns to look at them.

"As a community, and as a family. The loss of a young person is particularly tragic. A life unlived is the saddest of passings."

The three sit down. Lori stares at Sam, and he smiles weakly at her.

"So, please, let us pray. For peace, for guidance, and for the power to protect our children."

Everyone bows their head in prayer, except Dean, Elena elbows him, and Dean, noticing everyone else, do the same.

✫☆✫

The Mass has ended, Elena and the brothers walk up to a woman.

"Are you Lori?" Elena asked.

"Yeah."

"My name is Elena, these are my friends, Sam and Dean." Sam and Dean waves.

"Hi." Dean and Sam greeted in unison.

"We just transferred here to the university." Sam said.

"I saw you guys inside." Lori says.

"We don't wanna bother you. We just heard about what happened and," Sam said but got cut off by Dean.