16

As the dishes had started to stack up in the kitchen, they all found themselves laying on the floor, taking turns to ask each other questions. They'd been doing it for a while and everyone was having fun with it.

"Okay Y/N. If you could choose one of us guys in this room, who would you want to date?" Soonyoung asked.

Y/N didn't want to tell the truth. Minghao was definitely the one, but she couldn't say that out loud.

All of them looked desperately at her, wanting her to choose them. Minghao was sure that she'd pick him, since they were the closest of everyone.

"Maybe Wonwoo." Y/N said and took a quick sip of her beer.

Minghao's heart dropped. Wonwoo? Why Wonwoo?

"Why him?" Minghao asked quickly out of frustration.

"Well he's a super sweet guy. Who wouldn't want that?"

"Oh, the ladies like me I see." Wonwoo said and laughed, changing his seat so he could sit beside Y/N.

Wonwoo threw an arm around Y/N's shoulder and pulled her closer to him. Y/N laughed at him, not seeing the sad look on Minghao's face.

"Wonwoo you suck." Seungkwan said jokingly and pouted, making everyone laugh.

Minghao didn't laugh though. He was hurt. Did that mean, that Y/N liked Wonwoo and that he didn't have a chance?

He pushed the thoughts aside and drank the last of his beer. Seokmin looked at the sad boy. He murmured an "are you okay?" to Minghao. Minghao just nodded. Maybe he should get rid of these feelings for her. If she liked Wonwoo, then why should he even put effort into it?

But he knew, he couldn't give up just like that. He knew he'd have to try harder.

Cupid had done a terrible job. It was the only thing he could think of.

Next time, he wanted cupid to hit the both of them.

Little did he know, those were the exact thoughts going through Y/N's brain.

If only Minghao knew, that he was holding Y/N's heart in his hands, maybe he would've thought differently.

Maybe he wouldn't have been scared to lose something, that wasn't his just yet.

That is the weird thing about crushes.

Being scared to lose something that you don't own.