Reconciliation (Epilogue)

Spinel lazily stumbles down the stairs, spotting you sitting on the couch. "Mornin', babe." She takes a seat next to you and plants a kiss to your cheek. "What are ya doin' up so early?"

"I was just thinking," You mutter, stretching and throwing an arm around her shoulder. "About me?" She teases. "You wish," You snicker, nudging her in the arm. Her magenta eyes catch the bright pink gem on your finger. She takes your hand and rubs her thumb across the smooth, cold gem. "You haven't taken that off since we got married."

"Why would I? It means a lot to me. You mean a lot to me."

"Stop," She blushes, kissing your knuckles and setting your hand back down. "We've been through a lot, haven't we?" She smiles, lifting your chin to meet your gaze. "I broke you out of prison. I'd say we've been through a lot together." Your lips meet for a split second before Amethyst bursts through your door.

"God damn it, Amethyst," You groan. "Every time." Spinel remarks, a disapproving tone to her voice.

"Lapis proposed to Peridot!" 

You two swiftly pull away. "About time," Spinel states, completely unfazed. "We need all of the details." 

"Alright, so here's how it happened..."