Chapter 12- The Missing Piece

-True Kinda Love Time Skip-

"No!"

"Lapis," You pleaded, practically on your knees, begging her to fly you to the top of Spinel's injector. "Hell no, Y/N! Do you even have a plan? She'll crush you up there," The rest of the crystal gems nodded in compliance "You can't fight her," Pearl established, concern lacing her voice. "I can still talk to her."

"How do you know she'll listen?" Amethyst inquires as you give her a small, convincing smile. "Because I know her." Your brother cast you an approving look, placing a hand on your back and turning to the crystal gems. "We have to trust Y/N. I'll come with," He reassures them a sigh of relief coming from the group. Lapis dropped her shoulders defeatedly, flashing an unconvinced smile. "Alright. Be careful up there."

"Spinel... come on, we can talk about this." You chose your words carefully, taking brief, small steps towards her. Bags loomed heavy under your eyes, the scar across your nose dripping in small streams of blood. Steven stood beside you, frustrated and extremely drained."I don't wanna play anymore," She growls quietly, her voice on the verge of breaking. Steven snapped, aggressively shouting, "This isn't a game!" Your eyes widen at his tone, but you aren't given enough time to process everything before Spinel throws a swing at your brother. You flinch at the sight of the punch. 

"Huh...?"

She throws another punch at him before he has time to react as he slides down the side of the injector. "Steven!" Your eyes are wide with panic, hands shaking as you frantically try to process the situation. "Don't hurt him- mph!" You feel a gloved hand slap over your mouth as Spinel slithers you in her arm, catching Steven with the other. "You're so pretty, dollface," She smirks darkly, sending a chill down your spine as you pathetically try to escape from her grasp. "Too bad I'm going to have to get rid of you. You are somethin', Y/N." Your face flushes bright red as your heart pounds, and you can't tell whether it's the terror from the situation or that terrifying, insanely attractive grin on her face. She turns her attention to Steven.

"You know, I came here to take my anger out on a bunch of strangers... but now that I know you... I wanna kill you even more."

You try to scream, but the gloved hand only grips tighter around your mouth, sending another wave of terror through you. She releases her grip from Steven... finger by finger.

"...I don't get it!"

"Huh?"

"Why aren't my powers back? Aren't I reliving every terrible thing that's ever happened to me? A gem I barely know is trying to kill me. My sister and I are paying for what our mom did... the world's about to end... what piece could I be missing?"

She pauses for a moment, visibly conflicted, before exploding with laughter,

"You've gotta be kidding me! I knew I was gonna set you back, but... this is how you started? The legend? Steven Universe? How did a powerless loser like you become savior of the galaxy?"

"...I changed. That's the final piece... all of those struggles, I learned from them, and I grew. Oh my gosh... it's not just my gem powers I've forgotten... all of this "happily ever after" stuff has made me forget the first power I ever had... the power to change!"

-Damn. I didn't mean to make Spinel that terrifying. I was listening to "The Missing Piece" from the soundtrack while writing, so maybe that's why. I kinda like evil Spinel, though. Sorry if I made her way too threatening lmao.-