Chapter 19 - We Need To Talk

*damn y'all are really coming for amethyst lmao*

You muster an awkward laugh, "A bit, but that's alright."

"Ha. Awkward. Y'all wanna come in?" Amethyst mutters, leaning in the doorway.

"Sure."

---------------------------------

"Alright, let's just get this over with," After 20 minutes of convincing, you finally caved and decided to play Spin The Bottle. Bismuth, Steven, and Peridot exchange a quick nod as you raise an eyebrow. He grabs a bottle from beside him and places it in the middle of the circle and gives it a small nudge as it lands on you and Spinel.

"Well, get on with it, you two," Bismuth smirks.

"But you hardly touched it-" Spinel starts, before being hastily cut off by Steven.

"We're waiting." Steven winks in your direction and mouths a small, "Thank me later."

You make eye contact with Spinel, her entire face flushing. She bites her bottom lip, taking your hand in hers. She leans over and whispers in your ear, sending a chill down your spine.

"Do ya wanna do this, doll?" You nod, a bit too enthusiastically. You wrap your arms loosely around her neck as she cups your face in her hands. You hold your breath as she brings your face towards hers. Her lips meet yours, a gloved hand stroking your jaw as you kiss. It's clear that neither of you know what you're doing, but it's surprisingly warm as you melt into it. You hear the cheers of the gems around you, but you drown them out. She kisses you almost like it's not her first. It feels like it's over just as it began as she smoothly draws her face away from you, smirking confidently, face still flushed. She's shockingly calm.

"How'd ya like that, love?" She mummers just loud enough for you to hear. 

"I- It was- I don't... I- I think it- well- I-" You trip over your words, eyes darting around the crowd. Bismuth had her hands clasped to her mouth, practically in tears.

"Wow. That was pretty intense for a Spin The Bottle kiss." Steven giddily smiles. Garnet lowers her visor and winks at you.

"It's not a big deal. It was just a game." Spinel shrugs, casting you a glance.

"Uh, Y/N? Let's go for a chat. Outside." Lapis mutters, waving you out the door. You hastily follow.

------------------------------------

"What's up, Lapis?"

"You," She nods towards the door. "And her. Spinel."

"...What about us?"

"Do you guys have a thing going on, or...?"

"To be honest," You let out a heavy sigh. "I wish. We just... click. I haven't felt this way about a human before, let alone a gem. The kiss just confused me more. I don't even know if I've processed it. She was completely calm, which means...what? Is she messing with me? Could she feel the same? I know she's too good for me, and knowing that she may have feelings for me is a bit unrealistic, but what if she does? Should I make a move or play it safe?"

"...Wow. You've got it bad for her, huh?"

"You have no idea." You bury your face in your hands. 

"Be careful with her, Y/N. I know you'll make the right decision." She stands abruptly, gesturing you back through the door.

"Oh. Hey, guys. We're gonna watch a movie to end out the night." Steven yawns, sprawled lazily across the couch. Lapis takes a seat next to Peridot, wrapping her in her arms and playfully kissing her forehead. "We were gonna watch a movie, but Pearl doesn't want to 'cause she's a pu-"

"Amethyst." Pearl sternly calls her out mid-sentence, flushing a light blue. "You know t-that's not why."

"Whatever you say, P."

Spinel pats the space next to her lightly, gesturing you over.

"C'mere, love." She wraps an arm around your waist, twirling your hair with one hand. Steven lazily plays the movie, falling asleep in seconds. The lights are dim as the horror movie reels in the background. Spinel plays with your hair, seemingly fascinated by it. A generic horror movie jumpscare sends Spinel nearly flying out of your arms, clinging to you with a small yelp.

"You okay?"

"Never been better," She shudders, burying her face into your chest. The rest of the Crystal Gems are fast asleep, quiet snoring coming from nowhere in particular. Spinel shuffles around quietly, standing and taking your hand, walking aimlessly towards the kitchen and taking you along with her.

"Uh, what are you-" She presses her lips against yours, instantly silencing you. It's urgent and steady as she presses you against the kitchen wall. It lasts for a few seconds before you pull away for air.

"Did you just...?"

"Yeah."

"I don't think I get what just happened."

"Uh... let's just sleep on it? Goodnight, do-"

"Hold on. We need to talk, Spins."