Chapter 27- Complete Me

"I guess I'll be on my way back to homeworld," Pink Pearl sighs, flashing you a small smile. The three of you arrive on earth, having successfully slipped right past the diamonds. The ship lands softy against the shore as you and Spinel emerge from the ship, hand in hand. Pink Pearl steps out, following behind you two. Your feet hit the sand as you exhale a sigh of relief. Pink Pearl leans in and whispers something into Spinel's ear, making Spinel flush a dark pink. "Goodbye, Y/N, Spinel. We'll meet again someday, I hope." She offers a sincere smile, and you return it. As she's walking back into her ship, you run up and pull her into an embrace. She seems stiff for a moment before wrapping her arms around your back gently.

"Thank you, Pink Pearl," you mutter, arms around her neck. "It was my pleasure." She combs a hand through your hair.

"Ahem." Spinel coughs, her arms folded over her chest. "We'd better get back home, right, Y/N?"

"Right. Bye, Pink Pearl." She offers you a nod and a wave, disappearing into the ship and fading out of your view.

"Let's go." She takes your hand and squeezes it, a little too tight.

"You jealous?" You tease as she looks over to the side, visibly flustered.

"Maybe. What's it to ya?" She nudges you in the shoulder, aware of your obvious flirting. The two of you make many failed attempts at flirting as you walk across the moonlit coastline, fingers intertwined.

You shut the door behind you, pressing your back against it. "You have no idea how much I've missed you," she admits, sheepishly tugging on her hair. "I've been waiting to do this all day," She pulls you into a deep kiss, the type that melts away all your surroundings. It almost feels like her lips haven't met yours in years, and there's a comforting familiarity in her kiss. She pulls away, running a hand through your hair. "You're crazy. You shouldn't have come for me."

"Of course I came for you. I don't know what I'd do with myself if you...""Hey. I'm here now, aren't I? You're not getting rid of me that easy," She kisses away your tears as you both sit on the couch, her head resting in your lap. You'd remembered how dull the place was without her, how lifeless it was without her smile. She had a massive effect on you; you didn't eat or sleep for those days she was gone. There was a static of numbness, in your head followed by waves of pain and sadness, and, in an instant, they were gone, and it was back to static. You didn't want to admit that you couldn't function without her, or perhaps it was the shock of thinking she was gone, and you wouldn't have reacted the same if you at least knew that she was okay.

"What'cha thinkin' about?" She inquires, snapping you out of your trance.

"It was... so empty without you."

She nods, intrigued.

"You mean so much to me. The thought of losing you, and without even being able to say goodbye, it hit me."

"Y/N..."

"That's the thing, though. It was so dull, so devoid without you. Just your smile could brighten up everything around me. What I'm trying to say is, you complete me, Spins."

"...Wow." is all she's able to say. She's practically in tears. "I don't know what to say. You always know exactly how to leave me speechless, love." She sits up and kisses you, laying her head on your shoulder. She meets your eyes, and even in the dim lighting, you can see the dark pink hue spread across her cheeks. She offers you a sincere smile, taking your hand in hers. "I forgot how nice this was." She mutters. "So did I." You admit, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"I wrote this song while you were gone..."

"Let's hear it."

Slow Dance With You - Adventure Time

"Slow dance with you

I just wanna slow dance with you

I know all the other boys are tough and smooth

And I got the blues

I wanna slow dance with you."