Chapter 5

Arrows

Stepping away from the dead weight, I walked away moved towards the window and stepped out. 

I wasn't planning to stick around when they found him, so taking the fastest escape route I had, which meant climbing the balcony and falling. 

Landing not so elegantly on the bushes below. Standing upright I strapped my knife on my leg and walked forward towards the Forrest beside the castle. Moving through every shadow, searching for any followers. I need to get out quick. Think, Marva, THINK!

Reaching the end a huge stone wall blocked my escape. God Dammit.

Not being able to use all my magic I frowned, Time to hop the fence. Sighing, I walked back a bit, just when i was about to take flight, an alarm sounded. Back in the castle, so they found him, That was fast. Running, I jumped.

High, past the wall. Landing in a cart with hay. with a humph I fell rolled on the floor. Looking up I found a Mule in my face. Awkwardly I got up and dusted myself patted the mammal looked at the place a small cozy alley with a den for 2 others mules. Ahead I saw signs of a street, trying not to step on dung, I moved to the end. 

And smacked to a hard wall.

"Oow!" I fell back.

I heard a chuckle, so i looked up and saw a man before me, two others upon hearing the man ahead of me moved away from the shadows. Looks like trouble caught up with me.

The boulder in front of me crossed his massive arms, while blocking my way his minions stood behind him blocking my escape in the shadows. Sighing, I knew this would be harder than I thought.

______________________________________

Before I could get another word, bottles are cracked and pointed towards me.

Fuck.

Moving towards the mules den, while thinking of a way to not kill these idiots.

"Move and you die." Sneers a man behind him. Holding a small kitchen knife he doesn't look really threatening. The blade looks weak, breakable, unsharpened. Heck, I wouldn't even cut my vegetables with it. 

"What do you want?" I say.

Keeping my eyes on the men in front of me, the man with the blade smirked. His friend behind him was the one who said it.

"You." He grinned.

No shit. 

I gave them a blank stare.The your-stupid look. we all have bin given or gave out that look. The remaining man that hadn't done much, just stood to the side, kinda observed. While the other two just came at me.

The guy with the monster huge arms came at me first, more like he almost stampede me. The last second until he reached me I kicked out at his throat. He flew back against the wall, dropping to the floor. The man that first spoke stared at his companion and back at me. Either deciding to fight or run. He picked the latter. 

Dropping the Bottle he ran, either way i caught him before his last buddy moved. Grabbing the bottle, I threw it at him. I didnt really see him, just heard a "ahh," and glass shatter. The last idiot, I sprang on him, taking him to the floor with me.  My fist raised, I was ready to knock him out, until pain hit my back. The guy I'm guessing the bottle didnt really hurt him.

I fell off the mans back to the floor. Looking up, I saw him with a gash at his head glass sticking out, spitting blood. "Bitch, " he spat, giving his boy a hand he got up as well. 

Okay, that's not really the most offensive thing people have called me, but the look on his face tells me he didn't mean it in a good way. 

"Your going to die for that little stunt," he said, blooding still falling from his mouth.

Come closer, yes, almost there. Just a bit more. Come on, big boy.

Waiting silently, patiently. Until i heard their foot steps, next to me. I flew up. Kicking their legs, out from under them, they fell to the floor. I unsheathed my knife and was about to kill the damn fool, before an arrow stopped me. 

And another one. landing one my shoulder another on my leg. Either way I plunged the blade into him. Throwing the other at his friend. They think they can go into alleys and corner an (sorta) innocent woman. Well they had another thing coming. 

A hole in his chest and he was out for the count. I looked for his friend, he had one in his left eye. I give myself a pat in the back. Searching for my first assailant, I found him still sprawled on the floor.

Feeling a pain in my shoulder I finally decided to take a look at it.  When I did, I couldn't believe it. 

My it cut through my white shirt, black vest, hitting skin, almost bone. But what made me look at it more was that it was white and had a feather on it. Looking towards the dirction it flew I saw nothing, nno one on a roof. Lookng down though I saw two people, man and woman. what the hell? I'am so off my mojoo tonight.  

Feeling dizzy, I didn't want to let my guard down, so I held the knife tight in my hand  hiding it from sight. The woman took a step forward tentivly. While the man held back, bow held downard, that douche shot me. Frowning, I wanted to move but I was trapped. My body wouldnt operate, The only thing moving inside me were my thoughts, frustration was leading to anger. 

"We can help you, Jakob needed to subdue you to take you to our sanctuary. I'm sorry, please stay calm," turning to the man, Jakob "I think she's mad." He smirked.

GAHHHH !! 

It's like being frozen unable to move or do anything, stuck inside without help. I wanted to cry. Usually the missions I went on weren't this hard to do, I just did killed the guy, cleaned up and he vanished. Never again, I'll stick to disposing the trash then bodies. 

I couldnt take it anymore so the last thing I saw before it went downhill was the woman make a move towards me and the man, wink at me.

Pervert.