Week1 Day4

Kyle's face was even worse than before. His swollen eye was the same colour as our navy blazer. He beanie was tugged down to his eyebrows. Hats aren't allowed in our school, it didn't really bother Kyle because we went to an all boys school. It had a very strict uniform rule. Our vice-principal walked past us and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Kyle.
"Hat off"
"But miss it's freezing"
"Hat off!"
Kyle pulled off his beanie to reveal his hair. It had been dyed black with frosted tips. The VP rolled her eyes and walked away.
"Kyle! What happened?"
"Lyon's sister is training to be a hairdresser"
"And.."
"I thought her cutting my hair would be a good way to get close"
"You wanna date Lyon's sister?"
"A little bit"
"Dude she's 25, you're 16"
"She said I was mature for my age"
"Well she made you look like a skunk"

School was basically the same, except for everyone calling Kyle skunksy. After school I went straight to Books Not Bombs. Shay was there (of course). I walked straight over to her. This time she noticed me first.
"You look cute in your uniform, just friend"
St Benedict's (my school) uniform was a white shirt, a red and black striped tie, grey pants and a navy blazer. I wasn't sure if she was flirting with me or not. I decided to go happy-medium and smirked.
"How do you feel about video games?"
"Depends"
"Sports?"
"No"
"Call of Duty?"
"No"
Grand Theft Auto?"
"No"
"Racing"
"Do you have Mario Kart?"
"My little sister does"
"OK"

Harriet let me borrow her Wii, I'd only played Playstation so I didn't know how to set up. Finally we got it working. Shay was Yoshi and I was Princess Peach. After I'd made this choice Shay exclaimed.
"Joshua, do you have something to tell me?"
Mario Kart was surprisingly fun. Kyle rang me during a race but I didn't answer.
"Who was that?" Shay asked
"My friend Kyle, you've got to see this"
I opened up my pictures and showed her his new haircut.
"Isn't that the guy Joe Smith beat up"
So the AOS' name was Joe. He didn't look like a Joe, more of a Bruiser. It was seven and I still had homework so I drove Shay home. But she seemed uncomfortable at her house.
"Why don't we go somewhere else"
"Like where?"
"Books Not Bombs is 24 hours"
I sighed and drove off. When Shay was reading I went and bought us coffee. At around one in the morning Shay dozed off. I slipped off my blazer and put it on her so she could use it as blanket. Walking over to the window. I saw that the sun was beginning to rise. It was nearly as beautiful as Shay.