Week1 Day2

I saw Kyle on Saturday, he was badly bruised. It looked like he had been in a car crash. His right eye was swollen, his lip cut in two different places and the rest of his face was purple.
"So the AOS got you"
"Death by Ebola is probably more pleasant than last night"
I gentle slapped Kyle's face twice, which caused him wince in pain.
"Ow! Come on Josh do ya wanna go to Flapjacks?"
Flapjacks was the Starbucks of BarryCastle. All the it crowd hung out there. Usually I'd love that, but I had something very important to do. There was a bookstore at the very edge of the mall. Only hardcore readers went there. It was called Books Not Bombs. During World War 2 the only placed that was bombed in BarryCastle was a grocery store. That's where Books Not Bombs is situated. It had really obscure books, so if you want to read The Hunger Games or something like that go to WHSmith. I had to skim through the sections until I found her. She was at the Romance section. Perfect place to ask her out. She was flicking through Lolita.
"Hey"
She looked like a startled meerkat as her head stuck up from the book. It was adorable.
"Oh, you're Joshua right?"
"Yeah and you're Shay or else this is going to be really awkward"
She laughed nervously.
"Yeah I'm Shay, what are you doing here?"
"I love reading"
"What's your favourite book"
"Skulduggery Pleasant"
She laughed, this time more comfortably.
"Why are you really here?"
"The wristband you were wearing last night said Books Not Bombs"
"So you were tracking me down"
"Some may say that"
She laughed again, she was surely more comfortable now.
"So what do you want"
"Will you go out with me"
"No"
What, whenever I asked girls out they always they said yes. I was getting Shay's number, period. I ran home and got changed into a suit. On the way to the store I bought a bouquet of roses. She was in the Philosophy section. Flicking through Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance. I placed the roses on the page she was reading.
"It's still no"
"A friend of my Dad is releasing a book"
"No"
"J.K Rowling will be there"
"Do you think that Harry Potter is here"
"What about The Cuckoo's Calling"
"That book is here, but still no"
"How bout friends"
"What?"
"Go with me as my friend"
"Just friends?"
"Yes"
"OK"
She wrote down her number on a receipt. Later that night I sent her a text.
Joshua:Hermione was your idol for a while wasn't she.

Shay:Can you keep a secret?

Joshua:OK

Shay:She was :p