Intro

"Hey, hey kid, wake up."

Jungkook literally chokes on his own snores for a few seconds after he's shaken awake. He looks up to see a grumpy old man staring back at him with a big frown on his face. Ube, his pet rat, squeaks on his chest.

"Mornin' Mister Doma," Jungkook yawns and stretches his arms as he sits up.

"Don't you mornin' me, boy," Doma grunts and grits his yellow teeth. He spits to the side. "We're here. Get off and give me and my luggage space."

The truck goes over a hump and the barrels of fruit around Jungkook nearly topple over and fall. Doma screams something about the fruits being more important than both their lives combined. With a loud sigh, Jungkook casually catches the barrels with one arm.

"There," Jungkook tosses the barrels at a panicked Doma. "Now I'll be taking my leave. See ya, mister."

Ube squeaks and crawls inside Jungkook's sleeve. He laughs and jumps off from the truck's cargo bed. Before he can even tidy his pants and walk away, Doma screams behind him.

"Hey, boy!," Doma screams and a pool of saliva flies from his mouth. "Pay up for damaging my goods, you ungrateful brat!"

There's a moment of silence as Jungkook takes a deep breath and balls his hands to fists. Ube squeaks in his sleeve and pokes his arm with his nose. That little action makes Jungkook calm down slightly.

"These are fine fruit picked from Elementa's borders," Doma hisses and strokes the barrels. "And you just hard to tarnish it with your filthy hands!"

For a moment, Jungkook wonders if he should have let the fruits fall to the ground to watch Doma cry but he shakes those thoughts way upon remembering that he's a rich merchant. Rich, yes. Money. Something he doesn't have.

"I didn't tarnish your fruit," Jungkook turns around with a tight smile. "Imagine if I didn't catch them. Shouldn't you be grateful?"

"You!"

Doma crawls off the cargo bed and the whole truck creaks at the sudden loss of weight. Jungkook keeps the smile on his face, even as Doma stomps towards him, and silently slides his hand into his belt's holster.

"Do you know who I am?!," Doma slurs. "With all the connections I have, I can make you disappear from the streets!"

Ube squeaks angrily. Jungkook makes a low whistle that calms down his pet mouse. He takes a craft card from his holster and rubs it between his fingers.

"Look at you," Doma spits and it nearly sprays on Jungkook's face. "Acting so high and mighty but now you're mute. If you can't pay up, then I demand you be my slave to compensate for your actions!"

"Ugh," Jungkook frowns at the thought and runs a hand through his long black hair. "Me? As your slave? No thanks."

The anger is evident on Doma's features, his neck veins popping and all that. He opens his mouth to speak again but stops when Jungkook presses a card to his chest.

With a smirk, Jungkook whispers. "Monster summon, cast."

After the card glows for a short moment, vines suddenly sprout out from inside and wrap around Doma, who is frozen in fear. A red flower bud appears at the vines' ends and opens to reveal a mouth lined with razor sharp teeth. Ube squeaks excitedly and crawls over Jungkook's shoulder.

"This is a plant type Class D monster, the Venus Flytrap," Jungkook smiles as he pets Ube with his thumb. "It doesn't attack humans but... it will if I tell it to."

"W-Wait," Doma flinches when a vine brushes his face. "We can talk about this, r-right?"

"Hm," Jungkook hums and taps his own chin. "I don't know, I'm really low on cash."