chapter seventeen

My whole body ached as I opened my eyes

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

My whole body ached as I opened my eyes. I quickly shut them as the blinding light hit me. I opened them again slowly, allowing them to adjust.

As my surroundings came into focus, I took them in. I was lying in a comfortable bed nestled in the corner of the room. A tiny stool was situated next to the bed, and on the nightstand, a cup of water was filled to the top.

As I reached for the cup of water, my body felt sore. I tried to recollect the events of last night, but my memory was blank after having the drink with Ron.

I turned my head towards the door as it slowly creaked open. Draco entered the room with a deep frown etched on his face. Upon spotting me, his eyes lit up and he exclaimed, "Hermione, you're awake." I nodded and wiped my hand across my face.

"What happened last night?" I asked him. He looks at me nervously, his gaze darting around the room before settling on me as he approached the stool.

After taking a deep breath, he sits and gazes directly into my eyes. "Last night was eventful, and there's a lot to process. I suggest you take some more rest before we discuss it further."I furrow my eyebrow and shake my head, "No, I want to talk about it right now. Was it bad?" Draco readjusts himself on the stool and wipes his hands over his face.

"Okay um, do you remember anything after drinking with Ron?" He asks me, eyes looking everywhere but at me. I thought about it for a moment, trying to pull something from my mind but the only thing I could think of was passing out.

"No, I just remember passing out. I drank some water and I was walking back to find you but I passed out, " I explain. He nods and rubs his fingers on his chin.

He once again hesitates. My stomach churns at the fear of whatever happened. Too many things pop into my head. Did I lose the baby? My heart races at the possibility and I take a deep breath to calm it.

"After you passed out, um, Ron brought you here. He told the people around you that he was bringing you to see Mme. Pomfrey," He mutters. My heart starts sinking and my stomach churns more violently. Where exactly is this going?

"He tried to sexually assault you, Mione. Thankfully, we were able to find him before he did anything to you," He finishes.

We sit in silence for a moment as I try to process what he just said. Ron had tried to sexually assault me. I didn't know what to think but felt a deep disgust and anger fill me.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there, Hermione. I shouldn't have let you go on your own. I'm so sorry," Draco earnestly says. I give him a weak smile and grab his hand.

"You have nothing to apologize for. You couldn't have known someone would do something like that. Especially, Ron, we all trusted him," I say, trying to comfort him the best I can.

He sighs and squeezes my hand, "Still if I would have come with you, this wouldn't have happened. And for that, I'm sorry."

I sigh and roll my eyes while chuckling, "Draco stop apologizing. None of this is your fault. It's all that idiot Ron's." He gives me a weak smile and lightly squeezes my hand again. We sit in silence again.