chapter fifteen

Draco walked through the crowd in the dining hall, strolling over to the Gryffindor table

Draco walked through the crowd in the dining hall, strolling over to the Gryffindor table. I could feel Ron's glare and I turned to glare at him, warning him not to say a single word. 

"Hey babe," Draco said as he sat beside me, forcing a random 3rd year to move. I knew he called me that to piss off Ron, but I couldn't help but smile each time. 

"Hey," I smiled at him and took another bite of my food. 

"So, Halloween's tomorrow night, and I was wondering if you wanted to do a couple's costume?" He sweetly asked, ignoring Ron's scoffing. 

My heart leaped at the suggestion, "I would love to! What should we do?" 

Draco considered for a moment before replying, "Something simple, not too difficult because we don't have time to plan it." He took a bite out of my chicken not bothering to ask for permission. 

I racked my brain for ideas but nothing came to mind. "How about we come up with ideas throughout the day," I suggested. 

Draco nodded in agreement, "That works. We just need to have something before we go to bed tonight."

"We will. We're the brightest of our age. I'm sure we'll come up with something amazing," I chuckled.

I groaned and laid my head on the desk, not even paying attention to whatever Ginny was muttering about

I groaned and laid my head on the desk, not even paying attention to whatever Ginny was muttering about. "We're the brightest of our age, but we can't even come up with a stupid Halloween costume," I complained.

Ginny laughed. "It took Harry and me a week. Good luck finding one on such short notice." I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at her. 

"How mature of you," She mumbled. 

I raised my eyebrows, "Would you rather I curse at you?"

"Nevermind, then," She giggled, going back to the parchment paper on her side of the table. I look down at mine, a mix of my and Draco's handwriting, with almost all of our ideas crossed out. 

I shook my head, shoving the paper to the side and staring instead at the blank parchment where my Charms essay should be. I wrote down the first line and continued until I had half a paragraph.