chapter seven

When it was time to give McGonagall her answer, she took Draco and I out of potions class

When it was time to give McGonagall her answer, she took Draco and I out of potions class. "I need your answers, Ms. Granger and Mr. Malfoy," She states.

I look to Draco who is looking unsurely at the ground. He looks up at McGonagall and says, "I'm willing to do it. As long as Hermione is too." McGonagall nods and both turn to me.

Draco's answer gives me the confidence to reply, "I think it's a great idea." McGonagall smiles pleasantly at me and I smile back.

"Alright, it's decided then. Your dorm will be upstairs, right next to the astronomy tower. The door has Fred Weasley on it," She starts, "And your password is Ferret. Chosen by Mr. Weasley." She finishes.

I can't help the smile that forms on my face as I look to Draco. His jaw tenses and he rolls his eyes at the dreadful nickname.

"Thank you, Headmistress McGonagall. Will there be anything else?" Draco asks politely.

"Yes, one more thing. I expect you both to be moved in by breakfast tomorrow morning." She replies. Draco and I both nod and watched as she descends to wherever.

"I think we should establish some rules," I say.

Draco turns to me and nods, "Let's meet at lunch and discuss this. Until then, bye." He walks away without letting me utter a word. Here I was thinking we could be friends.

I sigh, follow Draco back into potions class. Everyone stares at us and begin to whisper. Snow rolls his eyes and silenced the whispers as quickly as they began.

When I walk out of class, I walk straight into a wall

When I walk out of class, I walk straight into a wall. I back away and look up to see Ron standing there.

"Hermione, we need to talk," He whispers.

I shake my head, "I can't. I have to meet with Malfoy."

"Of course you're meeting that Ferret," He sneers. I roll my eyes.

"I don't have the time or energy to argue with you Ron. Please excuse me," I say.

"Okay, sorry. How about we talk later tonight?" He asks. I smile and nod. He nods back and I take that as my cue to leave.

Once I'm in the library, I find Draco at a table near the restricted section of the library. As I approach he mutters, "You're 5 minutes and 35 seconds late."

I roll my eyes, "Does it matter Malfoy?"

"Yes, I want to finish this and have enough time to eat," He replies with a stern look on his face.

I take a seat next to him and pull out a piece of parchment paper.

"What should our first rule be?" I ask him. We sit in silence for a bit before Draco speaks up.

"Knocking before entering the other's room," Draco suggests. I nod and write that down. We sit in silence and think of more ideas. 

"Whoever wakes up first gets to shower first," I suggest. Draco gives me a skeptical look before answering. 

"Fine, but you can't use up all the hot water," He says. I nod and write that onto the paper adding the tiny bit in parenthesis. 

"Oh, you take night shifts, I'll take day shifts," I say already writing that rule down. 

Draco looks at me incredulously, "Why do I have to take night shifts?"

I scowl at him, "Simple, because I'm giving birth to the baby." 

We spent the rest of our lunch creating rules. In total, we have 6 rules. The rest of my day was as boring as usual, until it was time for me to meet with Ron.