26; i'm sorry part 2

Ryan and I didn't take our public humiliation so well. We both skipped out on math class and agreed to meet in his car; to talk about things.

We sat next to each other in silence.

I've never felt an aroma so awkward, until now.

I sighed and looked down at my hands. My eyes were so puffy to the point where I started squinting.

"Why the fuck did we do it?" Ryan speaks up.

I looked over at him. He was leaning back against his seat, and staring straight at the driver's wheel.

"I don't know," I answered honestly.

I really didn't know what took over me that night. I'd like to blame it on the alcohol that we had, but I have to admit that I remembered almost every single detail that happened.

"I guess we're both on the same page," he sighs, tapping his finger against his drivers wheel.

The silence filled the car again. I looked around his car.

There was a polaroid photo of him and Kate on the day of her birthday, sitting in the cupholder of his car. Ryan had his elbow resting on the arm rest, and his palms rubbing his face. His shirt was still unbuttoned from the incident that happened earlier, and his hair was messy from the amount of times Kate was tossing him around.

"I don't get it," he speaks up again, "I don't get why we even did it."

"I don't either," I mumbled.

"Why would you even head upstairs towards me? I get it, we're friends and all but-"

"Woah," I stopped him, "Are you serious?"

I crossed my arms and turned my body towards him as much as I could, even though there was the cupholder between us.

"What?" he asks, inching his head towards me.

"You're the one that invited me into you room!" I exclaimed.

Unbelievable.

It takes two and he's blaming me?

"You're the one that asked me to stay!" he yells back, sitting up from his seat.

The tension in the car was so strong, I could feel goosebumps forming on my arms.

"Well you could've just left!" I screamed, "You had a girlfriend and you still hopped in on the bed next to another girl!"

"I was buzzed! I had no idea what I was doing!"

"Well you kissed me!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Because you said that you liked me!" he screams back.

That's when the silence in this car got louder. It took over both of us, as we both slowly backed away from each other.

"I never said that," I scoffed, crossing my arms.

The overwhelming sense of emotions filled my brain. I couldn't think straight and wasn't even upset that he restated my confession; I was just stunned.

"You did," he sighs and hits his driver's wheel.

"I don't remember," I rebuttal, my voice raising again.

"Well then maybe if you had a couple brain cells, you would've remembered, that was the reason why I fucking kissed you!" he yelled at me.

Hearing him raise his voice at me sent hot air down my back. I could feel my face warming up and sweat forming on my body. I had enough with all of this drama, and had enough of Ryan.