18; the fish are swimming

"Okay, just because we see birds and know that they're flying, doesn't mean crabs think fish can fly," Caleb says loudly, slapping his table as he was exchanging a conversation with Ryan.

We were all sitting in math, waiting for the teacher to come in, meanwhile it's already been ten minutes into class time.

"But it's the same thing!" Ryan argues from behind me.

"Tell me how it's the same thing," Caleb talks even louder.

"You look at the bird and the bitch is in the sky. The bitch is above you. If you were a crab, and you look up, you see the fish above you, same shit," Ryan rebuttals, his voice getting higher the more upset he got.

"No! You're stupid! The fish are swimming," I looked over and saw Caleb holding both of his hands out in disbelief.

"You think the crabs know that?" Ryan scoffs, "They just know they're in the 'sky'."

"Both of you shut up," Jacob leans forward from his desk and looks at both Ryan and Caleb.

After all the conversation, I had my eyebrows raised the whole time, wondering why the hell would they even argue about crabs and fish in the first place. I shook my head and turned my attention back to my phone.

"Students," our principal walks into the class.

Mr. Morgan seemed to be in a rush, checking his watch and waving his paper around as he directed us to get up from our seat, "Your teacher isn't here today, go have an early lunch."

I suddenly grinned at the thought. An early lunch period? That's nearly like two hours of free time.

Before I was able to get up from my seat, Ryan grabbed my shoulders from behind me.

"Juni," he calls.

I looked back at him, so did Jacob and Caleb.

"Want to go back to my house and play video games with us?" he invited.

I tilted my head in confusion, since when did I ever come off as a video game type of person.

"Video games?" I asked.

He nods.

"No," I shook my head and squinted at him.

"Oh, okay," he answers awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck, "I mean, you don't have anyone else in this class to hang out with so I was just wondering."

My jaw dropped, "I do," I defended.

I had no one.

"Fine," I easily gave in to the offer, "You having food is my only concern."

I put everything into my backpack and slipped it on. We all got up from our seat and walked out of the classroom.

---

Ryan pulls his car into his driveway and I looked outside of the backseat window. Caleb and Jacob fought over the passenger seat. Caleb won and Jacob was stuck in the backseat with me, which I did not mind because Jacob seemed to be the most calm one out of the three of them.

Ryan's house was huge. Maybe not as huge as the mansion party we went to, but it was definitely bigger than mine. He had a fountain in front of his house, and a huge driveway with three sports car parked in the front.

An older man walks towards the car and Ryan opens the door without turning the engine off. He steps outside as well as the other boys; so I got out too. Joseph wasn't our "valet parker", I always had to park my car myself. I mean, what's so hard about parking in front of your house?