22; please don't cry

I got ready for class the next day. All day long I was so worried about going to math class simply because I did not want to see Ryan's face. It just didn't feel right. Having a crush on someone you dream about and has a girlfriend?

I plugged in my earphones and walked towards the direction of my classroom. Peeking into the class window, I already see Ryan's platinum blonde hair next to a girl with darker hair. I sighed and opened the door.

The fact that I knew I was going to see Ryan today, didn't make me very happy; but the fact that he is here with her made me extremely annoyed.

I pressed my lips together in a thin line and walked into the class.

I turned up the volume of my music and made my way to my seat; which is directly in front of Ryan's.

I bit the inside of my cheek. I really wish I could switch seats with someone right now.

I sat back against my seat and stared ahead at the whiteboard, hoping to just feel the tension between Kate and I leave. Suddenly, I felt someone tapping my shoulder. Unplugging one earbud, I turned myself towards the person.

No one was there.

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused as I put the earbuds back in my ear.

Then I felt a tap against.

"The hell?" I said out loud, looking back at the empty space.

Just then, I heard Ryan's laughter coming through my earphones. I rose an eyebrow and turned myself around; Kate was gone.

I left out a breath of fresh air.

"Why'd you ignore me?" Ryan asks, pulling his chair out in the middle of the row to sit next to me.

"What do you mean?" I tried to play it off.

What do I say?

I'm ignoring you because I had a dream about you?

"I said hi to you the moment you walked in," he frowns playfully, "I thought we were friends now."

I pucker my lips while biting the inside of my cheeks, "We are," I mumbled as I looked anywhere else but his face.

"You're acting weird," Ryan chuckles.

I watched him as he suddenly brought his hand up closer to my face.

"What are you doing?" I rose an eyebrow, leaning away from his hand.

Within a fast and sift movement, Ryan grabs my chin in his palm and grins, "Smile dude. Stop acting so weird."

I rolled my eyes and moved my chin away from his grip.

"Is this about last night?" he asks very quietly, leaning towards me and crossing his arms in front of him to support his weight on the table.

"No," I quickly answered and shook my head. I turned back around to face the front of the class.

"Juniper," he sang, and leaning over my shoulder, "Don't overthink it. It was an accident! We're just friends."

I looked back at him, seeing him wink at me. I smiled and turned my attention back to the front again.

Boy did those words hurt me.

I'll get over this crush soon though, it was just a dream.

Class went by quickly because there were so many thoughts in my mind to even pay attention to the lesson. I was so busy daydreaming that I had no clue when the teacher called my name until Ryan tapped my shoulder.