21; black scrunchie

21; black scrunchie

I had a dream about Ryan.

I leaned back against the seat of his car and stared off into the road.

It's just a dream. I tried to trick myself into thinking otherwise. It didn't work very well when my mind started to drift back to the dream.

"Why are you smiling?" Ryan asks, grinning at me amused.

He had his left arm resting on the drivers wheel while his right arm was on the arm rest.

I immediately stopped smiling when I finally got caught. I was smiling?

"What's going on?" he asks again, innocently, "Are you smiling because of Dylan?"

I didn't know what to answer, but I went along anyway, "Yeah."

We reached the red light and Ryan looks over at me, leaning towards me a little bit, "So what happened?" he winks.

I shook my head and looked down at my palms awkwardly, "I'm just happy that I got to see him," I stated in a questionable tone.

He looks at me weirdly before continuing to drive, "You're acting weird, Juniper."

"I know," I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"I have a question," my stubbornness leaked through, "Are you and Kate official?"

He nods without hesitation, "We got back together last night," he smiles.

"I also talked to her about you, I told her she has nothing to worry about. We're good friends, right?" he chuckles, holding out a fist to me.

Hearing those words slightly hurt my feelings, but I brushed it off because it's probably a temporary feeling until I get over this dream.

"Yeah," I let out a fake laugh and fist bumped him.

Could it be possible? No. It can't.

Four years of going to school with Ryan and I've always seen him as annoying.

"Why are you acting weird?" Ryan repeats, laughing through his words.

I shook my head, "I'm not," I let out another fake laugh.

"Whatever you say," he trails off and continues driving.

Ryan drops me off at the front gate of my house. I stood there and waved at him goodbye as he drove away in his car. I turned around and faced the gate, typing in my pin number before the door unlocks.

Why do I feel so sad?

The moment I closed the door behind me, it felt like something slightly hit me in the chest.

He's taken, and he's not interested; I have to make that clear to myself before I actually end up liking him.

I shook the thought out of my head and made my way towards the front door.

"Juniper!" Joseph calls out from the living room, "Why didn't you pick up your phone? Your parents would've killed me if you didn't come home in one piece!"

From afar, I saw the overweight male pushing himself to run towards the front door where I was standing.

I couldn't help but laugh at how pure this man looked.

"I'm sorry, the movie was long," I shook my head.

He sighed and patted me on the shoulder, "Go to bed, I'm about to fall asleep."