13; it's fine

13; it's fine

I looked behind me and at Dylan, who was comfortably cuddling my pillows on my bed. He was on his phone, watching a TV show in his grey hoodie and black sweatpants. His messy wavy black hair stuck out from underneath the hood that he had over his head, and his eyes were locked on the screen.

Occasionally, Dylan would crack up laughing when a funny part comes up; while most of the time, he would lay still on his side, and smiles at the screen.

"Why are you staring at me?" he jokingly teased, pausing his show and dropping his phone.

I pouted, "Can't look at my boyfriend?"

He grins and held his arms out, "Come here," he whines, "Give me a hug."

I walked over towards Dylan and plopped myself next to him on the bed. Dylan basically lives here now. He's met my parents, and they didn't really seem to be overprotective, or care too much about my relationship.

My parents allowed Dylan to come over whenever he wants, as long as he doesn't do one thing: impregnate me.

Dylan wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me in for a tight hug.

"One of the guys on the baseball team invited me to a party," he mumbled.

"When is it?" I turned my body around to face him.

"Tonight," he grins at me, "Want to come?"

I pursed my lips, "You know how I feel about parties."

"I know," he shrugs, "but I just thought that it would be fun for you to come with me."

"I thought you didn't like anyone on the baseball team," I asked, as I pushed myself up, leaning my weight on my left arm.

"Just Ryan," he chuckles.

"Who's party is it?" I asked curiously.

"It's a college party," he sends me a slightly awkward smile, knowing that my answer would be no.

I scrunch my nose at me and grinned, "No."

Just then, I felt his arm nudging me from behind.

"Please," he begs, "Come with me just this one time!"

I pressed my lips in a thin line and sat up on the bed, "I don't know Dylan, I didn't like the party I went to last time."

"What happened last time?" he asks, looking at me curiously.

I looked away and smiled in embarrassment, "I accidentally got drunk and passed out."

His eyes shot wide open and a grin appeared on his face, he was clearly amused.

"Wait!" he laughs, "You drink?"

"No no no," I quickly defended myself, "I got some fruit juice, or something. Turns out it was jungle juice and I had too much of it too quick. I don't drink, not voluntarily anyways."

He chuckles and taps his fingers on my thigh.

"Do you drink?" I asked him.

I was hoping for him to say no.

"Occasionally," he smiles, "I won't drink if you don't like me to. It's usually not that fun anyways."

I frowned and played with his fingers, "I mean," I paused, "I would only be afraid of you drinking and blacking out. It usually leads people to do things they regret or don't remember."

Dylan reaches his hand out towards my chin and tilted my head to match his eye height, "I won't drink, don't worry."

I smiled.