Chapter 26 • Trojan Virus

Start from the beginning

The event concluded and off we all go. After a few cheers for our teams and a numerous snide remarks coming from our rivalry schools, Sunday away-game finally came to an end.

"Okay, you need to snap out of that behaviour, Harley," Grayson exclaims, attracting every single person in the school bus.

"What's going on?" Austin asks, his glare directed to—of course—Grayson.

I am surprised that even at the bus, I'm sitting right next to him. This is what happens when I spend the entire hours drowning in my own thoughts. I have a team to prepare, former friends to plan against and mafia lords on my ass. How comforting that is, eh?

Grayson ignores Austin but not after he returns his glare. He then looks at me and nudges me slightly, "Harley?"

           I can't talk while Principal is around and it's not because he is Kurt's uncle and might take some action regarding the matter but because I really want to lure Kurt into our lair. The lesser Principal knows, the more chances he'll welcome the blood of his blood to his fortress.

           Principal Hayes will definitely give Kurt a special treatment and the whole school will do everything in their power to make him feel at home, because then again... that's Kurt's plans. I'd like to use that treatment and Kurt's belief that he has everyone wrapped around his finger as a cover up for our strategies. He will be blinded by the niceness of Lexus people that he will fail to see that we're already working under his nose.

           I need the Principal of Lexus and its students as distraction.

           "I'm just exhausted," I tell him but as soon as our eyes connect, I give him a meaningful look which he instantly gets and then nods in understanding.

           He rests his back on the chair making the air from inside of it blow softly to my face. The scent of the leather suddenly drifts my mind to the danger that's about to welcome me back to Chicago. My life is indeed exhausting. In every aspect, I just couldn't seem to take a break.

           As soon as the bus pulls down the road, Grayson twists his head and regards me with a different expression. He stretches his hand and I frown as I watch it go slowly reaches the other side of my face, my chin grazing over his forearm. He tucks a lose lock and then rubs his thumb against the skin of my cheek. "You will be alright," he tells me reassuringly as though he knows what I'm going through.

           "Rise and shine, you little bitch!" Bridget's voice rings in my ear and my eyes snap open.

           She is hovering over us, wearing a wide grin. US. As the realization dawns on me, I quickly pull my head off Grayson's shoulder and the bad boy chuckles with my horrified expression.

           "Uhhh, as much as I want to watch the two of you all day..." Bridget cuts in, still wearing a cheeky grin. "...Harley and I have some place to be."

           "And that is?" Grayson and I ask in unison. I send him a side glare which he counters with a blinding grin.

           "Home," she replies with a duh tone. "Why? Are you to planning to play house in here?"

           Exhausted and annoyed, I wave my hand in front of them and scurry out of the bus, not minding for a second if my bag hits anything particularly Grayson's face.

Weird but I kind of miss those days when Bridget reacts so violently everytime Grayson and I are close. But now, she said she could watch us all day sleeping side by side and she wouldn't mind.