⇨ GONE

"Every time she's left alone with you guys something goes wrong I swear

"Every time she's left alone with you guys something goes wrong I swear." Bucky's gruff, raspy voice stole the limelight as he delicately strode into the room with a pair of crutches positioned beneath his broad shoulders, although hunched, still visibly tensed beneath a cream-colored shirt conforming to his figure while accentuating his nauseatingly fatigued muscles screaming relentlessly for relief; the sharp sound of repetitive clicking against the sleek wooden floors being the first indicator of someone's approaching presence.

Struggling to swallow the venomous words clawing up her throat, Natasha sealed her eyes shut while her knuckles gripped thin air until they turned a prominent hue of pressurized white.

"Oh, so the fact that we discovered why her life was so fucked up had nothing to do with it, Barnes? Huh?" The redhead sneered as her poisonous words effortlessly pierced through the ear-splitting silence like a knife's jagged edge; her unapologetic demeanor clearly depicting the void of sympathy towards the battered and bruised soldier as her skin suddenly felt the eyes of the room sticking to her like humidity on a hot summer's day.

"Excuse me?" Bucky sharply exhaled visibly dumbfounded by the assassins course words curtly slapping him across his face like a gust of brisk winter air and nearly taking his shallow breaths away, they did what?

"You are going to want to take a seat big guy." Steve's warm words of honey starkly contrasted against Natasha's ireful words saturating the atmosphere in bone-chilling hostility.

"Her past wasn't an accident, it was planned, it was intended... By HYRDA... And from the looks of it, they have unfinished business with her." Tony summarily explained briefly lifting his hollow gaze from his calloused, cracked palms previously luring him into a sleep-deprived induced haze, his soft words shattering the tension as if it were fine china.

"Where the hell is Kate." The brunette soldier gritted through his teeth in a bloodcurdling tone as his broad chest began to fall and rise at a noticeably quicker pace than before, his jawline, shadowed with unkempt scruff, clenching while his face became washed with a lethal mixture of both fear and anger; the chemical reaction causing both his brows, caked in remnants of crimson streaks, to intensely furrow which caused defined creases to form directly between them.

"I don't think she wants to be with anyone right now Barnes, trust me, please." The redhead spoke once more, however, her once sharp words were now laced with traceable hints of sincerity which continued to show through her softened expression and figure gradually reducing its tightly wound posture; her mesmerizing eyes trailing towards the pair of soulless orbs glaring daggers towards her. "Barnes." She exasperatedly added under breath while cocking her brow towards his stone-cold visage now melting like butter in a hot skillet when he refocused his morbid thoughts on what was best for Kate, not him.

"We can't just leave her alone, Nat, She's all the more vulnerable now that we know, you know full well who we are dealing with." Bucky worriedly exhaled trying to ignore the embarrassment induced, tingling warmth spreading across his cheeks as soon as he realized the ocean of sympathetic looks swallowing him whole, he was now experiencing a new feeling he wasn't properly accustomed to.

"Shit." Steve instantaneously cursed under his breath when his overstimulated mind reminded him of just how long I'd been left unsupervised, his frantically trailing eyes, resting between intensely knit brows, catching multiple pairs mirroring his sudden concern.

"Scope the perimeter, now. Jarvis give me a scan of any heat signatures within a twenty-five mile radius." Tony spoke up as his sore legs had already begun carrying him towards the nearest door, his entire body mindlessly lurching to wherever he assumed me to be, where he hoped with every ounce of his soul I'd be.

In that moment of untamed, petrifying fear, Bucky's inward being coiled itself into intricate knots at the mere thought of me being anywhere but safe in his arms. Reckless waves of cold sweats now riddled his skin moist to the touch as his eyes inhumanly played psychological games with him as if it were a depraved game; every color, every shape, every sense now swirling into a maelstrom of disquieting angst. He was no longer in control of his bodily functions and it was all too familiar, bittersweet sensation paralyzing him where he sat idle.

"Buck, we're gonna find her." Steve's reassuring remark only amounted to a ghostly echo within his bustling thoughts nearly devouring whatever sanity remained within him. "Buck." He added cautiously gripping his best friend's arm within his open grasp, continuing to gently nudge him in the attempt to lure him from the dangerous black hole of his inner demons.

"We have to." Came as a fragile whisper within Steve's ears as they both stood idle allowing the eerie silence to douse the now vacant room brimming with an ironic sense of comfort, the two of them not needing as much as a word or acknowledgement to convey either of their feelings or suggestions, they just knew.

From their early childhood years spent glued to each other, to navigating through the whirlwind of confusion that followed high school, to listening to each other's foolish dreams and aspirations, to watching one pursue something they'd long sought after, to ignoring one's protests about enlisting, to losing each other, to fighting side by side on the battlefield, to losing one another again, to almost killing one another, to finding their bastion of friendship again. Their relationship was one and a million, a true rarity amongst what others thought to be a bond, even in perfect silence the two men could tangibly feel the understanding emitting from each other, like they knew what horrid thoughts were occupying their minds; and it was in times like these Bucky appreciated Steve's unwavering loyalty the most.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." Seemed be blaring from a megaphone and catch the attentive ears of the two soldiers now hastily whipping their heads towards the source of unnerving distress disturbing the once still atmosphere like a mouthful of bitter, piquant lemon. Trailing towards the suspected source, the two sets of eyes were greeted by the billionaire on the verge of losing his sanity while Bucky's heart dropped into his gut when he noticed Tony's hands anxiously pulling at his head of unkempt hair; his mannerisms radiating a state of crippling panic coiling around his limbs and nearly strangling him to death.

"She's gone."

Was all that managed to exit Natasha's lips as the lurking, devouring darkness succeeded in consuming Bucky from head to toe, his innermost thoughts now  pulsating intimate memories in and out of focus, long enough to savor them but not long enough to bask in their warmth, in a tantalizing loop.

                                    ——————

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, haha I know y'all are gonna hate me👀👀👀

Anyways, yea I'm still alive, GASP, school is literally NOT playing around AND WITH SPORTS I HAVE LITERALLY NO LIFE, lol didn't have one to begin with, BUT IT'S SERIOUSLY SO STRESSFUL 💀💀💀💀But I love writing too much not to so tadaaaaa have this shitty chapter I threw together during a study hall, forgive me, like this isn't my best work fr😩💀

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT AND SWEET COMMENTS IT SERIOUSLY KEEPS ME GOING!! I APPRECIATE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU ❤️🥰

Xx -Maddy❤️