⇨ SO FUCKING CUTE

"Oh, hi

"Oh, hi." Tony smugly remarked as we entered the dimly lit house, intertwining his fingers over his crossed legs; with the entire team assembling into a circle with Sam and Thor looking uncharacteristically pleased. All while Bucky and I stood complacent in embarrassment, our facial expressions saying more than our opening and closing lips did.

"I'm gonna head to bed." I choked out breaking the hovering veil of silence, my soft voice bouncing off the walls surrounding us. Talking a deep breath I untangled my fingers from Bucky's grasp, his warm touch pleasantly lingering on my skin.

"Ah, ah, ah." Tony interrupted clicking his tongue, accusingly pointing his finger between the two of us looking for an explanation; his expression resembling none other than an intrigued father with the rest of the team eagerly lending their ears.

"Tony please, I'm not in the mood." I pleaded emotionally drained while dismissively waving my hand, the raspy words escaping my lips scratching against the sandpaper in place of my throat. As much as Tony wanted to continue his interrogation, he noticed the tone of desperation rolling off my tongue and pursed his lips shut; it was unlike the sarcastic woman he knew to plead for no further explanation.

"You just expect us to sit here like nothing happened?" Sam scoffed displeased with my response, the tone oozing from his lips resembling that of a gossiping teenage girl.

"Exactly. Thank you for being so understanding." I bluntly replied as my cheeks became hot to the touch with embarrassment, what the hell was I supposed to do now? Act like nothing happened? They obviously saw the entire ordeal.

"But-" Sam pestered shuffling to his feet as I shakily sighed pinching the bridge of my nose, I'm guessing they didn't see the beginning.

"Sam. That's enough." Bucky firmly interrupted observing my fragile state, the dark tone devouring his tone and knitted brows silencing the harassing team member. Lifting my gaze up towards the protective soldier, I noticed his clenched jaw and defined creases forming between his brows; I've never seen this side of Bucky.

"Fine..." Sam disappointingly mumbled rolling his eyes, it's not his fault that he didn't know, it was mine.

"Buck, it's ok." I softly whispered running my hand down his tensed arm, his composure relaxing as my fingertips made contact with his, gently lacing his hand in mine; feeling a noticeable relief calm his tensed nerves.

How could me of all people calm a fucking super soldier?

"You should get some sleep." Bucky suggested rubbing his calloused thumb against my silky skin, as his once menacing gaze softened at the sight of my glassy eyes.

"I think you're right." I weakly nodded securing a stray piece of hair, obstructing my view of Bucky's mesmerizing eyes, behind my ear. "Will you walk with me?" I sheepishly asked keeping my tone hushed, anxiously biting my lip as my cheeks became warm with embarrassment; my stomach violently knotting at the words spilling from my lips as I internally scolded myself for asking such a childish thing. The last thing I wanted was to be alone, again, feeling like a cowardly child petrified by the unknown abiding in the suffocating darkness.