⇨ START OF IT ALL

Warning: Some minor violence and gore in this chapter

"So, did you enjoy your day in the trauma unit?" Eric laughed gesturing towards my scrubs littered with dark, dried stripes of previous patient's blood; the unsavory scent emitting from them briefly catching my noses attention.

"It was bloody terrific, if I do say so myself." I wittily replied waiting for him to acknowledge my clever pun, yet no response came.

"You're all good to go, Wilder. So just, how do I put this kindly, get the hell out of here and stop dripping blood all over my once clean floors." Eric demanded scanning the streaks of vibrant crimson contrasting harshly against the white linoleum.

"I'd prefer that statement a little more upfront and to the point if you'd be so kind." I smirked as he scoffed rolling his eyes. "Oh, and thank you for all of your help today, Claire. I really really appreciate it." I kindly smiled going in for a handshake but quickly stopping myself observing the aftermath of my day in the trauma unit, both of our expressions doing all of the talking.

"That's what I'm here for, let's do it again sometime." Claire replied with a bright smile as my fatigued, sore legs, relentlessly pleading for me to relieve them of their pain, continued towards the door.

"Yes please!" I shouted raising my arms towards the ceiling, continuing down the dreary, dull hallways, catching everyone's eyes following my every step with my peripheral vision; their expressions intrigued yet revolted by my appearance. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." I suggested as the staring eyes frantically returned to what they were previously doing.

"So she'll be nice to you? A woman she just met? Damn, must be nice." Eric disappointingly sighed mindlessly scratching the back of his head.

"Seriously? You've got to be fu-" I began enraged hitting my clinched fist against the metal locker, palming my forehead which was now conveniently caked in the remnants of blood; my body instantly scolding the involuntary response. Almost hearing their tantalizing laughter prodding at the back of my mind, I grew to be completely fed up with my colleagues childish pranks. The deadly mixture of both sleep deprivation and exasperation only fueled the raging fire bubbling inside my veins. As a result, my cheeks to become hot to the touch with anger while my eyes sealed shut and my head dropped back, allowing a disgruntled huff split my lips in two.

I'm gonna fucking kill them.

"What's the problem now?" Eric smirked amused entering the locker room as my heart's pace quickened inside my chest, his unannounced presence catching me off guard once again.

"Oh nothing much, I'm just gonna have to ride home in my bloody scrubs thank to immature little assholes. That's all." I nonchalantly shrugged with sarcasm fresh on my tongue, roughly slamming the locker door shut while I strode towards the exit.

"Hey, before you uhm, go, uhm..." He stuttered mindlessly reaching his arm out, clearly trying to collect his flustered thoughts.

Please no! Hell to the no! Anything but this! SHIT! NO! Run! Just run! Or maybe just tell him to fuck off? Wait, no! He's my superior, FUCK! I thought to myself trying to figure out if I should run like hell or be completely upfront with my colleague.