⇨ A HUG?

Warning: Possible anxiety triggers and physical abuse

Continuing to internally scold myself, I shakily waddled down the dim lit dock and returned to the house. Eagerly gripping the cold steel handle, I hastily jostled the slick glass door open and rushed inside, sharply inhaling as my exposed skin came in contact with the sudden presence of air conditioning contrasting harshly against my seeping clothes. I practically glided across the wooden planks beneath trying to rid my bare feet of the chilling sensation, not taking into account my current state. As a result, my feet lacked any to almost all traction which resulted in me coming into contact face first with the floor beneath.

"Fuck!" I groaned as my drenched clothes, which now felt of ice, clung to my body as if it were a second skin. Returning to my feet I brushed the dripping locks of hair cascading across my face and cautiously padded upstairs, gripping the railing in the attempt of trying to prevent another nasty fall.

Standing idle in front of the porcelain tub, my eyes intently eyed the water pouring from the sleek silver faucet. "Finally!" I sighed in relief eagerly sliding down the smooth surface as my body screamed in relief as every inch of me became engulfed in the steaming water; a content sigh spilling from my lips as a result.

"God, I hope I didn't hurt Kate." Steve sighed with worry still lacing his words, continuing to brush the towel against his dripping blonde locks figuring it gave his hands something to do besides anxiously fidget.

"I'm sure she's just fine, Rogers." Natasha forcefully reassured patting the soldier's broad shoulder after momentarily laughing to herself, it's not like he actually hurt her.

"Real fine." Tony mumbled under his breath while wiggling his brows which naturally caught everyone's attention and disgusted stares.

"Can't say I'm surprised." Natasha scoffed rolling her eyes.

"And I'm sure Barnes agrees." Stark added with a devilish smirk creeping onto his lips, intentionally drawing attention towards Bucky.

"I mean, I- Uhm..." He anxiously stuttered as I entered the room in an oversized t-shirt and ridiculous socks, realizing the awkward tension as it hit me like a brick wall.

"I'm guessing this was you?" Steve softly laughed pointing his index finger towards the small puddles leading up to a one collective pool of water, trailing his gaze towards me.

"I cannot confirm nor deny, Captain." I wisecracked with a sheepish smile as Steve softly chuckled at my obvious lie, finding myself surprised by Steve's keen observational skills.

"Well if it isn't the chicken champion, dressed like a homeless person nonetheless." Tony sarcastically applauded tilting his upwards towards me.

"Ha, ha." I retorted rolling my eyes. "So what were you guys talking about?" I inquired glancing around the room, only to be met by feet anxiously scoffing the floor and awkward hand gestures.