⇨ THE END PART 1

3 years later

                                    3 years later

Nerves.

God my nerves felt like electrical currents surging through my veins pulsating against my skin. My heart? Thumping loud enough I feared everyone else could detect it. My emotions? I felt it all. Everything, Bringing me both hysterical laughter and salty tears Natasha begged would stop so her masterpiece, hours in the making, wouldn't be ruined.

Today was the day. Oh my god, today is the day. Today is the fucking day.

"Please, Kate, no more tears! Please! Pepper I need more tissues! Now!" Natasha pleaded frantically, open palms gesturing for me to calm down, with widened eyes and twisted brows while I dropped my head back and fanned my eyes brimming with hot tears for the umpteenth time this this morning. Continuing to rush over to my side with handfuls of crisp white tissues, quick to catch the stray tears from running down my pristine face.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I- I have a fucking sprinkler system up here!" My trembling voice apologized as a breathy laugh came at the tale end of my sentence, my head shaking in disbelief that I was getting married. But not only that, to the man that bewitched me heart and soul. Hook, line, and sinker as he would so brilliantly put it. This feeling was bitter sweet to say the least. Bitter: dad walking me down the aisle? Hell would have to freeze over. Mom helping me into my wedding dress? Maybe her spirit is at least watching over me from beyond? But the oh so sweet: the man I was meeting at the end of the aisle. He is what made it worth it. He is what makes everything worth it.

Straightening my posture, inhaling a deep shaky breath, and staring at my reflection in the mirror, I could hardly recognize the girl that was staring back. Was this really me? This happy beautiful women? It was. Holy shit it was. I did it. My mom always said I'd get to this place of indescribable peace and happiness, and she was right. The broken girl who hated her reflection and wished to be left in the darkness crawled out of that cave, she conquered her demons (fucking obliterated them), and did exactly what they said she couldn't: thrive. I was no sad damaged soul who was to be told what she could or couldn't do. I rewrote the rules and did it my way. I did it. I really did it.

"You ready, angel?" Natasha whispered tenderly into my ear as her hand rested gently atop my bare shoulder as if to shake my from the trance I had become raptured in.

"Oh me? Hell yeah." I wisecracked with a devilish smirk snaking across my lips painted a delicious crimson red as a took one last deep breath and placed my hand atop Natasha's to display my gratitude for her presence in my life after all these years. She never left. Never questioned. She stayed fiercely loyal like a guard dog. She gave an acknowledging nod and small smile.

"You're just perfect." Pepper gushed with her hands resting over her heart and head tilted at my ethereal reflection with a toothy grin in response.