⇨ CONTENT

Mindlessly rolling my figure, slumped beneath tangled sheets coiling around my limbs, onto its side, my senses became alerted by the sudden presence of chilling air contrasting harshly against the warmth previously luring me into an exhaustion ind...

Mindlessly rolling my figure, slumped beneath tangled sheets coiling around my limbs, onto its side, my senses became alerted by the sudden presence of chilling air contrasting harshly against the warmth previously luring me into an exhaustion induced slumber. Flickering my heavy, watery eyes open, they automatically trailed towards the silhouette of two broad shoulders steadily rising and falling followed by audibly husky, deep breaths filling the previous void of any to all sound. For what seemed to be a second, my unwavering focus became enthralled by how the rogue rays of warm sunlight, cautiously creeping through the curtains, delicately dancing across his bare body; treating his bruised, lacerated skin like an empty canvas ready to become a majestic painting.

"So you wanna tell me what the hell happened?" I croaked from raw morning throat as my half alert vision caught his exposed muscles contracting at my meek, raspy voice; visibly taken off guard by my sudden question.

"Good morning to you too." He mumbled gently shaking his head, finding my unapologetic bluntness amusing considering the ominous situation at hand; all while my ears picked up on the muzzled chuckle vibrating against his throat.

"Buck..." I weakly groaned pinching my eyes shut as my skin felt stinging droplets of yawn induced tears roll down my cheeks rendered hot to the touch. Far too fatigued, both emotionally and physically, to speak in full sentences which earned the soldier's immediate attention, despite the crippling pain riddling his entire body.

Although previously occupied by his body's painful cries, the soldier's only concern became the woman lying peacefully beside him as soon as her silky voice played like a honey sweet melody inside his ears.

Delicately maneuvering himself back onto the sheets, becoming disheveled beneath his struggling figure, my previously sealed eyes cautiously opened as the feeling of the bed sinking inward was followed by Bucky cautiously laying his body next to my own, careful not to inflict any more pain to his freshly dressed wounds. Meanwhile, my insides cringed at what I assumed to be pulses of inexplicable pain shown across his intensely furrowed and lips turned completely inward.

"Yes?" He innocently hummed as his warm breath fanning across my face sent shivers down my spine and the hair atop my arms to stand pin straight.

"Don't you dare do that." I muttered turning my lips inward while bringing my open palms flush against my porcelain skin; rendered completely useless with him in such close proximity to me as I internally scolded myself for being so easily flustered by a single word.

"What?" He mischievously smirked hopelessly mesmerized by the embarrassed smile peaking through my split fingers, the adorable crinkles forming by my eyes pinched shut, and the way my skin skin felt against his calloused palm cautiously venturing up my forearm; sending my internal functions completely haywire while I routinely tried to conceal my immature reactions.

"That you asshole." I groaned reframing from playfully punching his shoulder like I usually tended to in these type of intimate situations; instead, I settled with dropping my arms, riddled with goosebumps, flush against my side and repositioned myself to face his softened gaze scanning my every detail; the simple feeling of his body warmth trickling onto my skin convincing me that I was trapped in a blissful daydream I hoped to never awake from. Everything about him seemed too good to be true, my every waking thought became hopelessly consumed by his every feature. I found myself utterly captivated by the way his baby blue eyes were laced with different hues of the ocean, the way a lack of shaving created speckles of scruff forming perfectly around his lush, pink lips, the way his bone structure enhanced his already strong features, and the way he tried to conceal the crimson warming his cheeks whenever he caught me staring; my eyes not even acknowledging the vibrant bruises consisting of deep violet and green etched across his skin followed by remnants of caked blood, I simply saw him.