⇨ WELL SHIT

I sat alone in a dim lit room tightly holding the handgun in my grasp, the cold steel pressing against my tightly clutched hand providing temporary security; trying my best not to let my morbid thoughts get the best of me but it was nearly impossible

I sat alone in a dim lit room tightly holding the handgun in my grasp, the cold steel pressing against my tightly clutched hand providing temporary security; trying my best not to let my morbid thoughts get the best of me but it was nearly impossible. I was alone. No one was here to protect me. Someone was out to get me, and if they surpassed Tony's impeccable security measures who knows what they're capable of?

"Pull your shit together, Kate. You're a badass, independent, and strong woman. Who doesn't need a damn brick wall of a man to protect you." I bolstered in a hushed tone maintaining my unwavering gaze towards the darkened doorway, flinching at every presence of sound to alert my ears; gripping the steel handle tighter every time my nerves became startled in the hopes that it'd ease my heart rattling inside my chest.

"Is that so?" Tony laughed switching on the lights, causing me to quickly narrow the gun in his direction, with a look of worry and determination forming a defined crease between my brows.

"What the hell?" I roughly gulped as the lingering feeling of angst was soon lifted from my shoulders, my composure visibly releasing the pent up disquietude.

"Woah, woah, lower the damn weapon!" He exclaimed swiftly approaching my tensed figure, cautiously lowering the cocked and loaded gun.

"Don't pull dumb shit like that, especially when I have a damn gun!" I reprimanded in a harsh tone restraining my clinched fist from knocking his teeth in.

"Easy solution, no more guns for you, missy." Tony answered carefully removing the gun from my secure grasp, visibly surprised by my grip on the weapon.

"Or you could simply not scare the living shit out of me!" I angrily fumed as all of my mixed emotions uncontrollably oozed from my lips. All while Tony stood with his arms crossed across his chest amused at my little temper. "Don't look at me like that, Stark!" I snapped as he tried his very best to contain his laughter.

"Like what?" He laughed as my eyes widened with anger, causing him to only laugh harder than before.

"Well, did you at least find the man." I finally sighed dropping my tense arms to my side, muzzling the frustrated growl vibrating the back of my throat.

"Not a single trace." Bucky vaguely answered entering the room with his gun still held tightly in his grasp, his defined features still tightly clenched; unfortunately not filling the void of consolation.

"Great." I blatantly replied slouching my posture, roughly slapping my hands against my side.

"There's no need to worry, Kate. As long as you're with us no harm will come to you. I promise." Bucky reassured as I picked my abruptly head up, with a look of peace in my eyes.

"Well, would you look at the time? Peace out boys." I forcefully yawned intentionally throwing up double peace signs towards Tony.

"Please, no gang signs." Tony reminded clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth while accusingly pointing his index finger towards me; followed by me routinely scoffing at his remarks and returning to my room.