Chapter 27

I wake up and it's still pitch black outside. I take a while to realize it but it's thunder storming. I feel a gust of wind which makes me shiver and scoot closer to Adam. Only he's not there, just blankets and a pillow fill his place. Even though it's dark I can still see shadows moving around when a flash of lightning strikes. A dark figure keeps crossing my field of view. "Adam?" I say out of pure curiosity.

Suddenly I feel something cold against my neck and a voice speaks out. "Wrong. If only you knew that Adam is mine and he'll never love you the way you love him. Hell, what are you even thinking. Adams gay, he likes men. And what are you? A girl, a damsel in distress that is ptoo stupid to realize that it won't happen. That kiss meant nothing to him. Adam will never want you and no one ever will," he says with a strong Finnish accent. A flash of lightning lights up the persons face and their identity is revealed. Sauli.

"Sauli, you don't have to do this. I'll leave him alone," I cry out, just realizing that the cold feeling was a knife being pressed onto my skin. I tried not to move, knowing that if I did the knife would cut me.

"Even if you do forget about Adam he won't come back to me," he continues. "You convinced him that I'm a no good moron. You destroyed my chances with him so I think I'll do the same for you. Goodbye, Ms. Nicole." He pulled back his arm and and flung the knife in my direction. I screamed, turning my head in the terror.

"Skyler? Wake up your fine, I promise. Please stop screaming." I hear and 2 hands start to shake my shoulders. I open my eyes and find out that it was a dream. Actually a nightmare.

I look up and see Adam above me. I burst into tears and wrap my arms around his back. He sits up since I practically pulled him on top of me. He holds me close and tries to comfort me. "What was the dream about?"

"I-I don't remember," I lie to him.

"If you don't remember you wouldn't be crying," he says in a honest tone.

I take a deep breathe and tell him the truth. "Sauli got mad at me for standing up for you. He was in the tent but you weren't. He held a knife to my neck because I ruined the chances for him to be with you," I say with my voice cracking.

"Well you showed me the light. I now know that I can do better than him. But there is still something missing. There's more isn't there?"

I nod, remembering what he had said before.

'If you ever have something to ask or say to me, just say it. I promise I won't become disappointed with you.'

I start telling him more of my dream. "He said that you'll never like me how I like you. He said that no one will ever like me." Just the thought of the scene makes start to cry harder.

"Well I don't know how much you like me but, I hope it's at least a little bit because your a Glambert," He says which makes me smile a little. " I'm sure there is a guy out there that won't like you, but love you. And maybe-" he gets cut off by the sound if the zipper on our tent unzipping.

"Is everything okay in here? We heard a scream," says Lee.

Adam nods and I come up with an explanation. "I saw a spider on my arm and spiders aren't my favorite. It's dead so we are all good now."

"Okay I just wanted to make sure that everyone is still alive," he says while leaving our tent.

"We should probably try to sleep again," Adam says and I agree.

"Skyler, I would let nothing hurt you. Even a spider couldn't harm you and I am deathly terrified of them. But if I had to protect you, I would kill that little bastard in no time. Just remember that."

"Okay Adam. I'm not afraid of spiders by the way. Now scorpions, they are horrifying," I say with a little giggle. We pull up our blankets and try to get into comfortable positions. I find a somewhat comfy position and close my eyes. I started to drift off until Adam spoke again.

"Great, now I'm paranoid about spiders crawling on my arms." He says which makes us both laugh.

"It's okay Babyboy. I'll protect you from the spiders." I make a karate chop motion and Adam grabs my hand. He uses it to pull me next to him.

"Thanks Sans. I appreciate that." He remarks an kisses my forehead.

:D

{REMINDER- if you have any ideas pleeeeaaasssssee leave them in the comments. (I'm not doing anything were they get kidnapped. Not very unique anymore.) But please be confident and comment them. <3}