Overcoming the Final Day Part 1

Whenever I sleep, I am always haunted by that final day. THIS NIGHTMARE!!

Someone help me escape this hell.

"Help me! Help me!" His voiced echoed.

It began again...

A sudden knock came on his door, causing Sheldon laying in the clutter of clothes on his bed to instinctively look at the direction.

What was I thinking?

"You may come in," he said as he returned his gaze back to the ceiling the afternoon sun tip its soft rays within the room.

"Young master Sheldon," the servant called after much eye stalking around the room. "Your father has requested your presence in his study."

Sheldon sighed to himself, noticing the servant looking around. He knew exactly why; His room was a complete mess and he would not allow any servant to clean a thing. He preferred it this way for more than one reason.

Before the servant could speak about the obvious, Sheldon cut him off and said, "it's fine."

He bowed his head slightly as he left the room closing the door.

Sheldon got himself up still carrying morning breath. What could he want? He truly did not wish for another lesson; He just was not in for it today. This was one of those days he felt like doing absolutely nothing. His father, however, would never allow this as Sheldon grabbed the quickest clothes around himself to go see his father. He took a final glance around the room before closing the door as he left.

To the outside eye, he looked like a stray dog that had infiltrated this rather emasculate house. The servants one after another he passed along the hall looked at him applaud but knew enough to not say anything. They passed him with heads turn. He knew well within his heart the outcome for what would happen when he opened the doors and presented himself like this. Sheldon just didn't care; he had gotten fed-up of being taught day in and night about etiquette about how he was supposed to portray himself. He wished secretly deep within his heart; his father would replace his position.

He swung open the door, in a rather clumsy inetiquette manner, to find his father and another seated within a conversation.

"Fat...."

This was unexpected he thought. He swore no one else was here.

Sheldon could see the fury in his father's face at his rather shameless actions. It seemed the vein in his head would pop at any moment if he could at this very second disown him as one of the prized dogs, they kept outside he was sure he would. His father if one thing had much pride.

"Ah is this your son, he looks just like you but I could see that there is a complete difference in personality?"

"He is... I apologies for his very unsightly look, he still does not see the importance of his role." His father motioned quickly to a servant who then ushered Sheldon back out the room.

Sheldon could literally feel the door shutting in his face before the servant pulled him along at full speed back to his room.

This man, Sheldon thought Alfred.

He was the head of staff for the house and his father thought very highly of him. He was the only one here who didn't waver to Sheldon's actions.

He sighed.

Here he was again back in his room, with a line of servants cleaning his room. Occasional he gave them a defiant eye but Alfred would have none of it as he was forced to change into his formal attire. Sheldon looked back at the last of his rebellion being torn down. Alfred led him back to his father down the hall in utter silence. Sheldon really didn't like Alfred, not one bit at all.

He watched him knocked on the door, before opening slightly bowing and proceeding with him.

"Father, I have returned," Sheldon said as he mockingly bowed.

The room was quiet except for the shuffling from papers, not what Sheldon had expected, the man that was earlier here had left.

The butler moved to his father's side with such gentle grace it seemed like he walked on air. Father had to be attended more now than ever before due to his condition getting worse. Alfred had sworn not to leave his side because of that time he had collapsed and no one was there to help him.

"Sit down." His father's voice thundered breaking the silence yet he did not look up once at him.

Sheldon took his seat as he waited for his judgment gazing around at the assortment of books around the shelf as the shuffling of papers continued. Some covered law other's politics, history and the like a pastime reading for his father.

Sheldon melded within the chair as he thought about what he would do for the rest of the day. The paper shuffling came to a halt.

"Sheldon..." a pause came, Sheldon knew it was the calm before the storm.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU DID?" YOU FOOL THAT WAS PIERRE MONSUIT THE FATHER OF THE DAUGHTER YOUR SUPPOSED TO WED!"

Sheldon held his head low, not saying anything in return. His father started to wheeze as Alfred came to his side.

"Sir, you must calm yourself, don't overstrain."

"You...fool... I can't believe sometimes you are my son. One day you will lead this house."

"I never asked for this."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!"

"I NEVER ASK FOR ANYTHING, YOU DON'T EVER CONSIDER MY THOUGHTS!!" Sheldon shouted as he stormed out of the room, knocking books over as he left.

"Get back here," he heard his father shouting, but he didn't look back.

"Why should I even care?"

He stormed through the hall back to his room. He swung open the door and found his entire room had been cleaned. He gripped his fist tightly, before falling down on his bed. He looked back at the ceiling, wondering what he should do next.

A Sudden knock came on his door.

"Go away, I am busy!"

"Is that any way to speak to your mom," a soft melodious voice hit him. It calmed his displaced heart.

"Mother I..."

"Shhhh," she said as she came across the room and hugged him in her arms. He felt his worries shrank as he fell into her, hugging her back.

Sheldon felt her released him from her grip as she cupped her hands together.