A Part to Play Part 2

Mathinda's green, emerald eyes glistened as she wiped the sweat of her brow. Gazing around the classroom at those few people that remained, we had pacified them.

"Where is she?" She said out loud.

The sun shone on her tattered clothes as her slender body covered in blood was further pronounced by her golden hair. They had selected certain individuals in the classroom to kill; Those they believed would draw the least attention. Using a fragrance that made the body aware but limp when inhaled and unable to move. This was the best way for them to savor the kill. The others had also been drugged to sleep so that there would be no problems. They had ingested it in the food she had so graciously given them as their host, as their protector.

"No need to worry," another servant responded, "she probably just left early. Come, my Lady, we have plenty to celebrate now, the harvest was bountiful;Let us give thanks for the new flock that came."

"Where is Mark?" Mathinda asked.

"He has not returned yet." a follower responded.

Mathinda looked to those that attended her and walked ahead, back to the basement of the school. There she took a seat at the head of a long table that was covered with various types of meat.

Too many, the third brother of the three gods was never acknowledged by the Church. They pretended he didn't exist but his followers were everywhere and here and now they gave their devotion to him.

Each seat sat a head member of each part of the school. There were eleven others; Ten women and one man. They were all ambitious and would get at each other's throats. Each had made it here by their merit and sacrifices. Some more sadistic in nature than others but still to her, they were at least worth some level of acknowledgment, especially the man. For their god, the worship did not hold men at the top of their table, which showed the merit he had to reach his position. From Left to Right Elizabeth Tudor, Mary Bathory, Gertrude Barker, Ranavalona Gallego, Catherine the Butcher, Darya Maven, Myra Koch, Karla Days, Belle Downes, Rosendale the Singer. Miyuki Matthews and lastly Henry Waltkins.

A banner stood above them; A woman with clawed hands holding a knife striking down. Each table member had a specific job to play that made them a key part of the survival of their society ranging from torture, finances, spying, training, and recruitment. To the outside, they may have seemed barbaric, but there were many rules like a normal society in their cult and punishment accordingly. There was also a democratic system that kept a leader in place. The school also had a separate section reserved for the prey and for the members of the cult, access was not granted for all areas and we kept them segregated at all times. Although a chosen few of the prey would end up becoming new members from time to time, it all depended on certain factors that they had to display, certain devotional characteristics that set them apart from the prey.

Mathinda Cassis: She came from a noble upbringing and when she first got here, there was nothing but a mob bickering and fighting each other over the right to sacrifice. Fools she thought. Her class separated her from her peers. This and her manipulative nature secured her throne.

Mark was the only one that she kept as her confidant; He was loyal much like a dog. She glanced them all over. They thought themselves special or different from the others, but they were all the same. They spoke in a harsher, common tone that could not bear the regal bearings that she possessed. Most of these leaders also could not read. She laughed mentally at the thought although she played her part too well as a caring shepherd.

Mathinda addressed them. "In the night we kill."

They all responded, "For our secrets to remain hidden."

The feast lasted for a while and then Mathindawas notified that a visitor was inquiring for them.

"Unexpectedly, and who is this visitor?" Mathinda asked loudly.

"He is the leader of one of the major gangs in the area, the White Fist." The messenger replied. "There are many armed men with him and they are positioned right outside the school."

Mathinda sighed she knew they were not on the best of terms with this particular gang. Why were they here? The image that they have as caretakers shouldn't create this kind of response.

"Why do they come here? They don't show us the respect we deserve!" Myra said with furious passion.

"My, my Myra anger does not suit you. What would you have us do? Attack them to make an example? " Elizabeth replied calmly.

"They know nothing of our men or our schemes and they merely think we are sheep, it is better to remain that way for now," Rosedale said as she looked to the others who showed agreement except Henry and Myra.

Darya look at them both "I have eyes in the street; We would get word if they were mobilizing for an attack. Despite how it looks outside, they would still need numbers to deal with this many people even unarmed."

Mathinda said nothing and just listened to them silently.

"So who should be the one to see to our guest outside?" "Maybe we should let Catharine go to entertain them. Maybe she might make a friend." Karla said chuckling.

Catherine's attitude changed swiftly as she realized she was insulted, "Perhaps I should greet you later in your chambers, Karla." She replied.

"No, I will be the one to go," Mathinda said, killing the chatter of the others. The messenger bowed and left to give the message that he had received but stopped short as another voice spoke.

"Are you sure my lady? It may not be safe." Miyuki said, "It may be best to send someone else to act in your place."

"Thank you for your concern, Miyuki but I will be fine," Mathinda said, with that giving the okay for the messenger to proceed.