Chapter 5

As I sat there Reagan tried to calm me down as she knew that the men in the back would use this as an opportunity to take advantage of us. I took a few more minutes until I gathered my dignity along with my physical self.

     "C'mon..." I said, getting out of the car. Reagan was confused as she followed suit.

     "What? Where are we going?" She asked, quickly catching up to me as I neared the back door.      "What are you doing, (Y/n)?!" She attempted to stop me but stopped when I pulled out the small gun we were acquired to carry on jobs.

     "We can't stay here and we can't board the plane back." I explained. "They'll be looking for us, we have to leave and hide out somewhere."

     "Why are you bringing them with? They could kill us!" She reasoned with me. I sighed and looked back at her before my hand reached the handle.

     "I don't know, Reagan. I'm lost, confused, hurt, among a lot of other things. I just don't want anymore death on my hands. I can't just leave them here to rot. After all they did try and warn us." She looked defeated as she waited for me to open up the back.

     As I opened it, I pointed the gun at them just in case they tried anything. You couldn't be too sure after all. Reagan cautiously stepped in and grabbed them, helping them out. She wasn't necessarily gentle but she wasn't being too rough, probably out of fear of them lashing out on her. Once they stepped into the sunlight I got a better look at them. Sure, I had seen pictures but that wasn't the same. Patryk towered over all of us, of course, being intimidating even though he had softer features. Paul, honestly just looked like he was tired of everyone's bullshit.

     "Goddammit." I heard him mumble. Patryk looked over to him. "I want a cigarette, and these two aren't gonna do shit."

     Reagan rolled her eyes and looked at me, asking, "Where are we going?" I shook my head, not thinking that far ahead.

    "Um, I'm not really sure..." I looked around then grabbed the map from upfront. "Here, you're better at navigating." I replied to her, "You look for an area that isn't that big or filled with people and I'll watch them." She gave me a hurried glance full of worry. She didn't like that idea but she did it anyways. As she walked back to the car, she sat on the opened carrying space.

     "They're dead, huh?" A teasing voice asked, I angrily spun around to face the taller male. He put his handcuffed hands in front of him in mock surrender.

     "That's none of your concern." I retorted back to his comment, my face glowing red because of the sudden outburst. He smirked at me.

    "You really are unprofessional, huh? I'm not surprised they wanted to kill you." I froze for a second, unsure of what to respond with. Unsure of how to react to something like that. So, instead of any more communication, I just shot him a glare, which in turn only made things worse as he laughed. 

     "We got captured and we're still better at our jobs than you are." I looked to the ground, not because I was sad, well at the moment, but because I didn't want to even look at him. 

   "Yeah, whatever." I mumbled, obviously defeated. He scoffed, replying with, "You even act like a child." I once again looked in a different direction as my face went red. I hated this. 

    "Maybe instead of mocking me, you should help your buddies over there get out of their handcuffs instead of them trying to hurt themselves." I snapped at him, pointing to the two others that were currently trying to get away. They really needed to work on their stealth skills. 

     I smirked as it was his turn to blush now, making him scoff once again and leave me alone. I was about to mumble under my breath, "What's his problem?" Then I had a sudden realization. They probably hated this just as much as me. They had work to do and we were preventing them from doing it, keeping them chained up like animals. 

    I smiled to myself slightly. I was in control of them. They had to do what we said, Reagan and I could kill them whenever we wanted to, we could dump them wherever we wanted to.  They couldn't get under my skin and make me forget that. I was in control.