Chapter 1

Key: (H/l) = Hair length 

Warning: Slight swearing

(Y/N) P.O.V.

Bang!

     My eyes shot open as I stared at the ceiling above me. Fragments of my dream was buzzing around in my mind, trying to remember what had happened. This always happened the night before a job. I would get these strange dreams, not scary or bad just ...different. I kept trying to remember the face I had dreamed of but all I could find was a blurry outline.

    The loud banging sound repeated perpetually.

Bang...

Bang...

Bang...

       The sound repeating in my head caused me to suddenly be brought back to reality as I realized the "bang" was the alarm "beeping" at me. My hand shot out with an annoyed groan as I slammed the button down a bit harsher than intended. As I sat up and stretched a bit, knowing I needed to get ready soon. It was always better to be ready earlier than to rush.

        As I put on my outfit I quickly brushed my (H/l) hair and put my shoes on, tying them of course. My small room was in a shared building along with some of my coworkers. The company we labored for had let us live in their own apartment buildings as long as we did as we were told and didn't break any rules, which would not only get us kicked out but more than likely killed. 

       I hated this place with a burning passion. I was forced to work here against my will, wanting my family back home to live on and not be brutally murdered in their sleep. I couldn't make any contact with them but there was hope that I would someday pay off the debt my brother created. He was reckless, selfish, and stubborn but he was still my brother....that was until he was killed, leaving me to fix the mess he made.  

       "(Y/N), come on! We're gonna be late because of your sorry ass now move it!" Jade White yelled at me. She was really the most decent one here, at least she didn't put a dozen snakes in my bed in the middle of the night.  Jade had long black curly hair with vibrant green eyes, tan skin and was taller than most girls that worked here. She wasn't chubby or super muscular but she had some meat on her. 

      Jade, Jade's younger sister, Hayley, and Lisa were who I was bunked with. Lisa was the worst person in the world, where Hayley was just a shorter, obnoxious version of Jade. Lisa was blond and very pretty even though her attitude wasn't. 

    "I'm coming..." I mumbled as I grabbed my badge and my small book bag of things I needed. I quickly ran down the stairs as the others did the same, going to the one car we were provided with for any 'non-jobs'.  

      "Couldn't have came down sooner?" Hayley snapped at me as I got in the back of the dark Buick. I just shrugged, not paying much attention to her as Jade pulled out of the driveway, headed towards the large middle-of-nowhere building. 

       "So, anyways..." Lisa began after she was done rambling to Hayley about things I could not care less about, "(Y/N), I heard you have a really important job today. Better hope you don't screw up like usual or you'll get cut." She feigned innocence as she spoke, Hayley chiming in after her.

     "Aren't you, like, already on your last warning?" She smirked. "Three strikes, you're out." I rolled my eyes at them. I would have zero warnings if it weren't for them meddling with my life, making it worse than it needed to be.  

    "Guys, can you shut the hell up? I'm trying to hear what the weather is and I can't hear the radio with you two squawking your big fat mouths." Jade snipped at them. She met my eyes in the mirror, I passed a faint sign of gratitude to her as she placed her eyes back on the road, still having near twenty minutes until we were there.  

     "Whatever, not that it matters anyways. It's obviously gonna be rainy." Lisa finished before quietly going back to whatever she was doing on her cell phone. Hayley didn't have any comments to feed off of so she turned to look out the window like I was. She was right, it was wet and rainy outside. I didn't mind though, it wasn't that big of a deal to me what the weather was...

    After a while we parked and Jade spoke, "C'mon, lets go before we actually are late." As we all tumbled out of the car we walked at a swift pace, trying not to get wet, well, they were anyways. I always ended up a few feet behind them no matter where we were.   

    Once in the building we went to our designated areas and got to work. I immediately reported to headquarters, wondering what I was planned to do. 

    "(Y/n) (L/n). " A man spoke. He was the directory board, explaining to everyone what their orders were, providing us with maps, vehicles, etc. 

    "Yes Sir?" I spoke unsure, never having an important job like this before.

     "Here are the files of who we need. We are providing you and your partner a plane ride there and back along with a van to carry the 'cargo'." He told me, his voice loud and deep. "You have five days to capture them and bring them here alive. It is necessary for you to drive a long way. They know we are coming at some point and don't think for a second they won't check the flights."

     "Yes Sir." I replied, holding the yellowish colored folder in my hands, waiting to be able to open it and just get this over with.

     He seemed to notice my impatiences and raised a brow at me. 

     "You're partner will meet you out there, go get ready. There should be directions in there as well along with around five hundred dollars for gas money and food. Is your orders understood?"

      I nodded in affirmative but he didn't like my answer. 

     "I said is that understood?!" I jumped back slightly surprised by his sudden outburst. 

     "Y-yes Sir!" I quickly scrambled out as he let me go, handing me the set of keys in the process. 

     Once I was in the clear and sitting in the driver side of the black prison like van I sighed. The last time I had a partner I was stranded in Canada with no money, food, or a way to get back. I was not looking forward to this...