5||Truth or Dare

Don't forget to hit that star before you leave.
~~~~

✳️️✴️✳️

Dahlia peeled her eyes open, but the piercing pain in her head caused her to shut them back. She felt she was wet and surrounded by a water body. There was a sickening pain at her side. She followed the pain, and her eyes caught sight of the enormous piece of glass that protruded out of her side, and the blood that flowed out.

She pushed herself up, not minding the pain as she reached for the glass. She squeezed her eyes shut and let out a wince as she pulled the glass out before she gritted out.

She gazed ahead and saw the car. It was halfway in the water, with its rear coming out. The two men were still at the front, but they were motionless.

Where is Phoenix?

She turned to her side and saw him. He was trying to get out of the water. He was bleeding from the side of his head but still looked powerful and violent.

He propelled himself towards her and she instinctively moved back before he collapsed on the dry land before her.

His sight made her gulp back in disgust.

There was a rod that was fully through his side; he was bleeding massively.

If it were any other normal being, they should have been dead, but here he was, breathing and still very much alive.

He remained tranquil, and she trailed her gaze to his face to see why he was unmoving.

What's wrong with him?

She crawled as quietly as she could, and got to him. She stared at his face, and he seemed to be sleeping peacefully.

Sometimes, she'd just stare at him and wonder how he could be at peace after murdering various innocent people. She had never seen remorse in his eyes. He had killed millions, and yet it was to him, a few murders.

Now, she was also like him.

Just that she has one thing he never had, and probably would never have; conscience, even though she had learned to ignore that part of her that always replayed all her actions to her, repeatedly.

She felt him move a bit, and she averted her eyes to him.

"Phoenix?"

He remained still with his eyes sealed shut.

She moved closer to him and felt that he was breathing. She turned to his eyes, and almost jumped out of her skin, when she saw that they were open, and he was staring at her.

She tried to jump back, but he reached for her; gripping her arm. She slipped out, and stood up, leaping away from him.

He stood to his knee and reached for the rod thrust deep into his side, clasped it tightly with his hands, before drawing it out of him, and she gasped.

"Darn!" He gritted out, as he threw the rod to one side. He staggered to his feet and immediately turned his gaze to her, where she stood aside.

"You!" He yelled and she stood alarmed.

He wasn't going to spare her. He's capable of destroying everything, even though he had just had a five-foot rod pulled out of his side.

"Dahlia." He faced her as he began to run towards her.

She spun around and began running as far as she could from the bay. She kept running blindly down the shore; the sand threatening to slow her down, and the wind gushing at her and throwing her hair in her face.

Greatest Gambol {✔}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें