1||Over the fire

Don't forget to hit that star before you leave.
~~~~
✳️✴️✳️

One, two, three, and go...

This was all it took to rush out of the room, and the only order she needed as she dashed towards the glassed windows. She crashed through it and then hurled herself out of the six-story building. Almost instantly, the floor she had just plunged from exploded, and the entire structure followed, all going into flames.

She hit the floor hard, but stood up immediately and limped away from the burning building. This was just in time as a piece of burning roof fell at the spot she had landed on. She turned and limped to the back and the wall. She sprang up and caught hold of the wall before propelling herself over until she was on the other side.

She ran hastily and wildly through the lone street as fast as her feet could take her. Her heart raced with every second that went by as she hurried down the road until she spotted the train station afar.

She needed to get there. This was her only hope, and all she placed her bets on.

She squeezed through the bushes that led towards the back of the station and hobbled on until the dark station came into clear view. There were several abandoned trains and desolated vehicles parked at the back, and they were exactly what she needed.

She ducked under a train and crawled into the empty station itself.

"Cabin B3," She thought out loud, as she tore through the midst of the trains, her eyes dancing over each cabin as she passed them. Then suddenly, she caught sight of a red-striped cabin and her eyes shot to the engraved word on it, "B3."

A rueful smile crossed her lips, as she breathed heavily. She brushed off the strands of her ravishingly raven hair that clouded her view.

There it was. There was her ticket out of this goddamned city.

She mustered her remaining strength and staggered to the cabin.

She could see it now.

She had made it. She had done it. She was free.

She lunged for the cabin door but stopped in shock as a gun came straight to her face, and she retraced her steps.

The gun came clearer into view. The officer dressed in the state divisional uniform moved further into the light.

No, they couldn't be here. They should not be here.

She turned back to run but was met with three others. They all glared their guns at her.

"Dahlia Sanders, your hands where we can see them." The officer in the cabin yelled at her, but she glanced around, looking for an escape route.

She could not be taken now; not now, and not here, or this way.

She gulped as her eyes whirled about. She was desperate to find a way out of this, but she was surrounded.

"Your hands up."

She sighed deeply as tears found their way to her eyes.

There was no other way out. She had to surrender.

Slowly, she raised both her hands up.

"Down on your knees, Sanders."

She slouched as she slowly went on both her knees. Immediately, the officers all rallied around her. She was hit from the back by one of the officers and then pinned down to the floor. Both her hands were forced to her back and cuffed together.

She heard wails of the sirens approaching as she was pulled to her feet by the officer and led out of the station. On stepping out of the old station, she was met by various patrol cars, and officers, all facing her.

They were ready to take her. Who wouldn't be? Her arrest will be the talk of the news for weeks to come, and she was sure that some officers will get major promotions. Why not? They had just apprehended a majorly wanted murderer, so she's a prize worth killing for.

She was pushed towards one of the cars and then shoved inside.

She looked around; she was busted. It was game over. She, Dahlia, had once again lost.

She had lost again, once more in this lifetime.

Instantly, multiple shots were fired, and she ducked down in the car as the firing became louder, and the voices of the officers became more eminent. They were barking out orders, amidst gnashing of jaws, silent cries of pains, and whimpers of death.

And, it all stopped.

Everything became still, and quiet. So low, she could hear her heartbeat and the sighs that escaped her lips. She looked around and noticed that the majority of the patrol cars were up in flames, and the whole environment was blurred with smoke.

A figure appeared at the front. She peeped to see whatever it was.

It was a man, and he was lofty. She noticed the long shotgun on his hand and the tattoo of a skull on his arm.

No, it can't be.

She needed to get out of here.

She glanced up and saw that he was walking to the car she was in.

He was coming for her.

She tried opening the door, trying her best to crack the lock, but then it flung open with a slight force, and she wasn't the one who opened it. She saw those strong legs that she would never fail to identify even in a crowd, and she slowly raised her head to him.

He couldn't be alive. How is he alive?

She looked up, and lo, it was him.

"Phoe-," Shestarted to say, but his fist met with her face, and all instantly blacked out.

✳️✴️✳️