Prologue Ch. 4: Rage & Regret

(F/N's POV)

Blood in the snow. Just like before. I had no choice but to watch. I had to watch each one of them die and I was helpless. It was my fault they were all dead. And now the only person I had left in this world to care about was gone. All because of a petty disagreement between Balder and I. This could have all been avoided.

It was my mistakes that led to this. I should have listened to mother. I should have chosen to live as a man, rather than seek out my other half. Maybe things would be different. I don't even care. The only thing that was stuck in my brain was vengeance. The elder told me to make Balder if I made it out of this and that was exactly what I intended to do. The enemies standing in front of me meant nothing. When I looked at them, I saw Balder, pushing me over the edge. 

My body felt like it was burning as I looked at my mothers body lying still in the snow. It felt like frostbite all over my body. I could feel a glow rise up from my core and extend throughout my whole body.

Tattoos had spread across my body (like in the picture above) and they were glowing blue, along with my eyes.

I was still in the giant's clutches. Seeing what was happening to my body, all 8 of them and their leader looked at me. Without me even making a movement or struggle to escape his grasp, his hand began to freeze, and eventually his whole arm was frozen, but it was more than that. His arm had somehow completely turned to ice. It was then that I burst out of his grasp shattering his fist into small pieces of ice. I fell to the ground, but stood firm and strong, as if all my fatigue from before was gone. I was still bloody and bruised, but all I could feel was the frostbite sensation and a laser focus unlike anything I ever felt before. The giant whose hand I shattered screamed out in pain. I turned towards him, jumped at him and kicked his arm I turned to ice, shattering the rest of it up to his shoulder, which began to spurt out blood. All 9 of the giants (including the leader) stepped back away from me. 

I stood in front of mother's body, with my back to it I faced the 9 giants looking at me horrified.

F/N: "What's wrong?" I said quietly. "Oh...that's right. You told my mother that with her death, you would let me live. Well, that's okay...go ahead and try to kill me anyway."

I began to slowly walk towards them.

F/N: "You just took the last person I cared about from me. I have nothing left to lose by fighting you all...so go ahead."

Frost and snow began to flow around me, around my hands specifically. It was then that I formed two blade of ice, dual wielding both. I gave them a cold, blank stare.

(F/N about to go full Levi on them)

The giant missing an arm rand at F/N first, in a blind panic.

Giant: "You bastard! I'll kill you for this!"

(Play this)