Ch. 14: Bitter Feelings

Italics = Thoughts

(F/N's POV)

Diane's fight with Howzer concluded in a win for her and the fighting festival moved on to the next fight of the semifinals.

Love Helm: "And now, for the second pairing of the semifinals! Meliodaf vs. Cain!"

Diane: "Captain, you can do it!"

King: "Be careful!"

F/N: "Don't think he's going to have any issues, King."

Meliodas: "Count on me!"

King: "Avenge me, okay?"

Meliodas: "Do it yourself."

The crowd talked up the two opponents in the ring as they stepped up.

Cain: "I must say, you are his spitting image. When I saw your face, I suspected, but when I heard the name 'Meliodaf', I knew for certain. You are Meliodas' son, aren't you?"

Meliodas: "Nope. I'm Meliodas."

Cain: "Stuff and nonsense! Meliodas couldn't be a whippersnapper like you!"

The two got real close and we couldn't make out their conversation. All of a sudden, the old man threw a knee up at Meliodas, which he blocked easily. Cain jumped in the air throwing repeated kicks at Meliodas, which he continued to block. Cain kicked off of Meliodas' arm, did a flip in the air, and landed on the ground a few feet back.

F/N: "I guess the old man has some moves after all."

King: "See? I told you."

F/N: "And he didn't use any of them against you."

King: "Uh..."

The old man grabbed his cloak and pulled it off, revealing a shirt with a symbol I didn't quite recognize on it.

Cain: "I will never forgive you!"

Meliodas: "That crest... It's Danafall's. Old man..."

Before Meliodas could finish his though, Cain held up his left hand and fire emitted from his fingers to form a fireball.

Cain: "Why did you destroy our kingdom?!"

He threw it towards Meliodas and it burst into a wildfire. Meliodas took it head on, not making any move to dodge or block, not even to use full counter.

King: "A direct hit!"

F/N: "I guess this guy has more going on then we initially thought!"

Diane: "Captain!"

Cain: "Why did you kill our people?!"

He threw more fire at Meliodas, which he let hit him again. The fire tore parts of his shirt, blasting his left sleeve away and the buttons off of his shirt, leaving his chest partially exposed.

Love Helm: "Oh, my! Meliodaf is unable to counter Cain's strange techniques!"

Diane: "What are you doing, Captain?! Fight back properly!"

King: "He hasn't recovered from the injuries he got from fighting Ban."

F/N: "That's not it."

Ban: "Half-Pint's right."

Ban appeared behind us. He was standing back on his own feet, having recovered from using his magic against Meliodas before.

Ban: "He's letting himself get hit. He's always pulling this stupid crap..."