Ch. 13: The Fighting Festival (Part 2)

Italics = Thoughts

(F/N's POV)

I adjusted the cloak wrapped around me and felt up the chilly beard I made out of snow as I made my way back through the crowd around the ring. My friends were in sight and nobody thought much of me. I guess my makeshift new disguise was enough that I didn't look like the fighter that was just in the ring with Howzer. I spotted Howzer himself and he didn't seem to be none the wiser. I decided to keep a low profile on the off chance he did get a closer look and recognize me. I inched closer until I stood with my friends once again.

F/N: "Psst. Guys, it's me."

They looked to their right at me.

Meliodas: "Yo. Do we know you?"

Ban: "You dunce, it's clearly F/N."

Diane: "What was all that about in the ring, F/N?"

F/N: "That blonde Holy Knight is Howzer, one of Gilthunder's close friends."

King: "Oh, I see. You trained with all those kids when they were younger, didn't you?"

F/N: "Yeah. Guess I had a knack for training the next generation back then. It all started with Gustaf, too."

Diane: "Who is that again?"

F/N: "The kid with lavender hair and powers like mine, only he's a human."

Diane: "Oh yeah, I remember now."

Ban: "What happened to keeping your identity hidden? You let your soft side out."

F/N: "Yeah I made a mistake. I guess it's up to the rest of you to retrieve Gideon."

Diane: "Won't be a problem!"

Love Helm: "And now for our third pairing, Cain vs. Old Fart!"

King: "Who, me?"

Diane: "who gave you such an utterly tasteless name?"

Ban: "Me."

Diane: "I figured."

F/N: "Not a long list of suspects."

Ban: "You gave yourself a pretty weird name, too. What's up with 'Matrona'?"

Diane: "It's the name of someone I used to know."

Meliodas: "I'll hold onto Chastiefol."

King: "Thanks."

King handed off his prized weapon, in pillow form of course.

Meliodas: "Go get 'em, Old Fart!"

Diane: "Ki-- Old Fart you can do it!"

As he stepped up, King stopped and turned around to give a thumbs up, in his fat form of all things.

Ban: "I guess that's his game face."

F/N: "A weird one to have, but whatever works."

Meliodas: "Wow, this is perfect as a pillow."

F/N: "Let me have a feel."

I reached for it and got a handful of the pillow's corner.

F/N: "Man, that's nice. I can see why he lays on it all the time."

Love Helm: "Standing 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighing in at 5 pounds, Old Fart!"

F/N: "I suppose you wrote that completely false information, too?"

Ban: "You got me."

Love Helm: "Standing 5 feet, 1 inch tall and weighing in at 108 pounds, Cain!"