Ch. 13: The Fighting Festival

Italics = Thoughts

(F/N's POV)

I spent much of that night talking with Elizabeth about my family and my previous adventures before and after I met the Sins. I told her the story mom and dad told of how they first met. I told her about the wolf attack and the awakening of my powers. My fight with Balder and how I stole his hammer. I even told her about my fight with the fire demon, Surtur and how I first met the Sins. After all that, she finally went to bed. I simply wrapped my cloak around my body and slept outside with my back against the wall of the Boar Hat. 

In the morning, we were on the move again, this time on the search for each Sin's sacred treasure. A customer at the Boar Hat said something about a massive weapon being seen in a certain town. We assumed it had to be Diane's sacred treasure and set out immediately. This led us to a town clinging to the side of a mountain named Vaizel. Hawk Mama settled in just outside of town, burying herself in the ground until on the tavern was in view as usual. 

I was currently standing outside of the tavern with Meliodas, Elizabeth, King, and Hawk.

Hawk: "Are you sure it's here."

Meliodas: "That customer said that a hammer was brought in that was so big no one could wield it, remember?"

Elizabeth: "No one can wield it?"

F/N: "Kinda like my hammer. Only me and the people I allow to lift it can wield it. Or people who are worthy of it."

Meliodas: "Your hammer isn't that big though."

F/N: "It was when I took it from its original owner. It just shrunk."

King: "Regardless, this could be Diane's--"

Ban walked up and interrupted our conversation. For some reason he wasn't wearing that shirt that clearly didn't fit him.

Ban: "Screw that, do something about my clothes."

Meliodas: "Cover up with an apron."

That's when Diane jumped in, slamming her fists down on the ground, knocking us all into the air as she yelled. 

Diane: "That's not important! Why am I being left behind to mind the tavern?!"

Meliodas: "We have to. Ever since a Giant went wild at their festival a few years back, they've been banned from town. We'll come right back after we see what's what."

Diane: "It's so boring! And F/N gets to go!"

Meliodas: "F/N isn't a Giant's height."

F/N: "One advantage to being a half blood."

Diane: "So unfair!"

Elizabeth: "Um, I'll stay behind, too."

Diane looked relieved and looked closer at the princess.

Diane: "Are you sure?"

Elizabeth smiled and reassured her.

Elizabeth: "Sure. I'd love to have a girl's chat for once."

Diane: "A girl's chat..."

F/N: "Aww, more bonding. Look at you two!" I said sarcastically.

Meliodas: "Well, let's be off!"

I accompanied Meliodas, Ban, King, and Hawk into town. The market was buzzing with activity. It was like the whole town and its neighbors were here.

Ban: "You expect us to look through all this, Captain?"

King: "You're really just wearing an apron?"