14 | Champagne for the Sane

Start from the beginning

THE CLOCK JUST HIT 9:00 PM, and I'd been eagerly waiting for the first party to show up. I knew Leah, Ryan, Yasmin, and their friends would show up exactly on time. They feared me and being late much more than the A-listers did. And that's what I was scared of, even the slightest bit because I wasn't very scared at all. I was worried that they wouldn't show up at all. Of course, I was almost 98% sure they would, Tao would love to try to figure out what I had planned, even though I actually had nothing planned. I called in my cook to prepare some party-worthy yet classy food, and she was cooking quickly and quietly in the kitchen as I sat at the table, listen to my playlist being played over the speaker. Later that week, I found that my friends from New York were stopping by to visit. Well, not visit at all, actually. They all had meetings for business down here and it was way too easy to convince them to show up. At least for the first party, I wanted it to feel more...like a party.

And it helped that no one from here knew my American friends. Their parents as well were very wealthy but also unknown. I was also aware of the fact Tao would try to squeeze information out of me from them, so I gave them a headsup, sending a picture to our group chat of what the A-listers looked like and not to give any information about my past life to here. I was sure they wouldn't because I added in a little threat. Our parents worked in the same line of companies, and since my parents were more valued and higher up on the social ranking there, not high enough that the public eye would know them, but high enough to fire their parents. Honestly, anything was as easy as the snap of your fingers if you had money.

But I had it all sorted out. My closet had a private elevator down to the main floor, and once I had greeted everyone, I'd disappear in the fog of chatter and the music. Through the security cameras, I would be able to see and hear everything. All I had to do was wait in the security room I had access to, and watch it all unfold. Honestly, at this point, I was just making bets with myself on how long it would take Yasmin and Ryan to get on each other's last nerve and one of their socalled 'friends' record it all and post it on social media. Of course, if they didn't I would. 

I was wearing a much too extra red dress that came dangerously close to exposing my boobs, and a diamond watch, necklace, and ring to replace the pearls. I felt powerful, again. I felt like the only thing stopping me was myself, and why would I ever stop myself when it was so much fun? Yes, I must admit it. Ruining the lives of people who ruined other's is so much fun. I finally saw what they saw. A game, it was all a game. And if somehow, someway I managed to lose, I could easily say game over and go to college. 

It wasn't a big deal for me, because I didn't care about them. I cared about me, and I wanted to be the queen. I felt...evil almost. Like I didn't want to stop even if I got to the top. I wanted to keep going with this game because playing them like toys seemed more like a hobby now, and I'd want to pursue it.

But who cares? Certainly not me.

"Ryan, Leah, Ladies!" I greeted them, ushering them inside the apartment where the couches were moved into a storage room, replaced by a flatscreen TV playing Scream Queens and loud music covering up the audio

"Ryan, Leah, Ladies!" I greeted them, ushering them inside the apartment where the couches were moved into a storage room, replaced by a flatscreen TV playing Scream Queens and loud music covering up the audio. They were dressed in their finest party dresses, as far as I could tell compared to what they normally wore.