5 - Heatwave

There it was again. The feeling of completion. (Y/N) just smiled like a dork, but before she could say anything back, someone rushed through the door.
The familiar disgusted-expression-and-death- stare-guy appeared.

"It is time, boss."

Arthur nodded, looked at (Y/N), smiled and said:

"You ready to kick some ass, giggles?"

Giggles. So they were getting into nicknames now. (Y/N) loved it. Quick! Think of a nickname for him!

"Yes...Arf."

A genuine, real, and not forced laughed escaped Arthur's mouth.

"Don't call me that! It sounds like a dog barking."

Now (Y/N) had to laugh as well. He was right. It really did sound just like that.

"I guess I'll have to think about a better nickname for you after the mission."

"You bet your ass, Sprinkles!"

"Stooooop...", she said. Please don't, I love it, she thought

As they both stood up to leave, Arthur walked to a little closet and pulled out a big shotgun and ammunition. The sight of it scared (Y/N), but intrigued her at the same time. She felt the adrenaline rush through her veins again. It was beginning. The second Arthur took the gun in his hands, the Joker appeared.

"You stay right begind me, dolly, all of the time, ok? I'll get you a gun soon enough. Today, I'm your human shield.", the Joker said.

(Y/N) suddenly got scared, but didn't want to anger him so she just nodded.

"Yes, sir."

The Joker looked at her and said:

"Good girl."

He held out his hand and without hesitation, (Y/N) took it and they both rushed into the crown. As king and queen, they lead the Rebellion to the subway station. It would never be the same. People would be scared to go there. Forever. They would send a message to everyone.

(Y/N) and the Joker were fast. Hand in hand they ran through the city. They were in the lead, as thousands of people followed them step by step. It was an euphoric feeling, a feeling that (Y/N) has never experienced before. She grabbed the Jokers hand tighter, and he did it too. We could die like this. They were in the clear foreground, but somehow invisible to everyone. Then (Y/N) realized, that people stopped caring. Normally, she would be angry about it. But today was an exception. And tomorrow would be an exception too.

The station was busy. There was barely any space to run down the stairs. But that problem was fixed easily, by pushing anyone, who was standing at the wrong moment at the wrong place at the wrong time, away.
Quickly, chaos spread around and people started to panic. Let alone try to call the police. Mistake, (Y/N) thought and as he heard the Joker cock his gun, she knew that it was a big mistake.

Shots were fired, and just like the Joker instructed, (Y/N) put her arms around his stomach and rested her head on his back. A sly smile formed across her face. Although the fact that the Joker was killing people terrified her, she knew, that she would still live him. When she wanted to love Arthur, she had to love the Joker. And there was nothing wrong with that.

The Joker just felt her tight grip around his stomach as he fired bulet after bullet to people. Somehow, It comforted him. He loved after all. And Arthur did too. So he would do anything to protect her at all costs. Just imagining someone trying to hurt her was causing his legs to shake again. God help anyone who was trying, even thinking about it.