13 - Sundown

Nightmare. Arthur had a nightmare. He shot up from his bed, almost waking (Y/N) up by his sudden action. But then again, almost. That girl would stay asleep if the world was ending outside. On some days, it was a blessing, on other it was a curse. And for now, it was a curse. He really didn't want to wake her up, but he needed her touch right now. If she would just wake up by accident. But that wouldnt happen tonught.

Even though Arthur couldn't remember what he was dreaming of, he knew that it unsetteled him. The feeling was familiar, and he almost didn't mind the way it crept through all of his limbs. But then again, almost. A quick glance on the clock. 3AM. He should go back to sleep. It was just a stupid nightmare. Nothing more. So he snuggled up to the ball of blankets and pillows, aka (Y/N), and held her tight. Every human being had a signature smell, and the loved ones will always recognize it. Same with (Y/N). Through a flowerfield, he would always find her. Just like a dog. Now that he thought about it, it seemed kind of silly. But (Y/N) said that she liked silly, and the fact that her sent calmed him, wasn't silly either. So he didn't think about it and soon drifted back to sleep again. Without dreaming anything.

"Arrhur."
Kiss
"Arthur."
Kiss
"Arthuuuuuur."

Arthur was awoken by the familiar soft voice that sounded like music in his ears. And kisses. With every time she called out his name, she gave him a peck on his lips.

"Morning, Sweetie."

He pulled he in for a tight hug and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Did you sleep well, my love?", he asked only to see her nodding aggressively. She was full of energy already.

"What about you?"

"Me? Oh, I slept well", he answered while letting out a loud yawn. He warned a chuckle from (Y/N).

"Doesn't look like it.", she laughed and threw her arms around his neck. Arthur welcomed that action dearly and fell back on the bed with her on top of him. A few minutes passed and they eventually left the comfort and warmth of the bed and got ready to leave the apartment. Arthur carried (Y/N) on his back and walked to the closet, to get some new clothes.

"Don't you think that they worry about you? I mean, you were gone for a few days now."

"No worries, honey. They are used to it. I used to leave often."

"Where did you use to go?"

Arthur got silent, and (Y/N) was scared that she said something wrong.

"Here. I used to go here all the time."

"Well, home sweet home, I guess."

"Eh...Not really."

Change the topic, (Y/N)

"What did you do here all the time?"

There was silence again. Not really a topic change. Great Job, (Y/N).

"We should go out for dinner sometime."

Since (Y/N) wasn't able to take part in a proper conversation, Arthur just changed the topic by himself. While she was mind of relieved about that, she also felt embarrassed. All of this seemed very sentimental to him, and for (Y/N) just to step into it was very broad and not polite. She drew circles on his back as an apology. And it seemed that Arthur accepted it by giving her a light pat on her bum. There was a chuckle again, from both of them this time. They loved how they could talk without actually speaking.

"Jokes", Arthur started

"I used to write jokes in here."

"You are a pretty funny guy, Arthur."

She felt him smiling without seeing it again. (Y/N) decided to drop the topic for now, and rather concentrated on this moment. He was here, with her. That's what matters.
____________________

As both of them finally finished preparing to leave, Arthur have the apartment a last look. (Y/N) couldn't exactly figure his expression out, but all she knew is that is was not a happy one. So she took his hand, to tell him that she was there for- and with him. And he intertwined their fingers as they left the complex. Arthur wouldn't show up here for a while now.

As they hushed through the crowds of the city, th overwhelming feeling of social anxiety took over Arthur. So many people. Too many people. He felt the laughter itch at the back of his throat, but soon calmed down as they reached the warehouse. The people greeted him, but he didn't pay much attention. He just wanted to be in his room with (Y/N). Spend some time alone with her, even though that was exactly what they did the last three days ago. When they arrived he saw (Y/N) hop on the bed almost immediately.

"Good to be home again.", she said.

"Yeah.", Arthur agreed

"Home sweet home."

While Arthur redid his make-up and hair, (Y/N) just sat on the bed and watched him. She didn't want to disturb him under any circumstances. He was in his element right now, and no one could interrupt him right now. At least that's what they thought.

Because gunshots aren't just that easy to ignore. Screams aren't easy to ignore. Arthur and (Y/N) exchanged a quick look of shock as they both ran out the room together to see what was going on.

It was too late that Arthur realized, that he should've told (Y/N) to stay in the room. But everything happened too quick. Just when he wanted to tell her, he spotted something else.

A familiar face with a gun pointed in their direction.

Suddenly, Arthur remembered his nightmare again.