10 - Afterrain

(Y/N) cried. She just cried. And didn't hold back at all. She let out all of the pain that has gathered inside of her. As the now dead body of Paul fell to the ground behind her, she let her sadness just get out of her. Almost immediately, Arthur dropped the gun, walked up to her and hugged her tightly. So tight that (Y/N) was having trouble breathing. But this was exactly what she needed right now. Just when she wanted to return the hug, her handcuffs didn't allow her hands to move very much. Arthur didn't want let her go, but he did for a second. To break the handcuffs in a half, without any trouble. Then he locked her in her arms again, tighter than before. And (Y/N) hugged him back. Not wanting to let him go. Ever.

"My Baby. My little angel. Oh God. I would never. I would never ever in my life..."

(Y/N) buried her head in his shoulder and continued to cry. Out of relief. Out of happiness. She took his scent of cigarettes and...Just the smell of him in deeply. It comforted her so much, that she eventually stopped crying. They stood like this for a while. A long while.

(Y/N) looked up for the first time and met a gaze. His gaze. She was suddenly thrown back to the first time they saw each other. She remembered how she just drowned in the abyss of his eyes, and how she would never get bored at looked at them. His eyes were drowsy and his suit was soaked with her tears, and it left a dark stain on it. Her right hand met his cheek.

"And I would never either. Never ever..."

And then they kissed. Like this was the last time they would ever taste each other. They only took breaks to breathe, but their lips never separated apart from that. Liquids were exchanged and it had the samw effect as any alcoholic beverage. Dangerous. Addicting. He tasted like liquorice. She tasted like caramel. Arthur noticed her bruises and bloodstains.

"What...what did he do to you?"

"I don't know. I don't remember anything at all."

"That little motherfucker."

Arthur clenched his fists and took deep breaths. Even if Paul was alive, he would be dead by now. He then took her hands and brought them up to his mouth.

"(Y/N), I am so unbelievably sorry. I should've never ever let you go with this psychopath.", he talked through her hands while never leaving her gaze.

"No Arthur, it was my fault. I should have been more careful. I knew that Anabelle was not going to be there. I just didn't notice on time."

Arthur now bathed her hands with kisses, trying to soothe her bruises, and it really helped. (Y/N) just noticed all of the bruises. Where the hell did they come from? All of the sudden, his head shot up.

"Let's take this elsewhere, shall we, Angel?"

"Yes, Arthur."

Arthur picked her up, bridal style, and carried her in an unknown direction. (Y/N) just closed her eyes and snuggled up against his chest. As little droplets of rain fell on her face, she knew that they were outside. Arthur sped up his tempo a little. Until he full on ran.

At some point, the droplets have stopped and (Y/N) felt like they were inside of a building right now. And she was right. Her eyes fluttered open, and she saw Arthur go up the stairs with her body in his hands. He walked down a hallway, in where doors seemed to never end. Then he stopped at a specific door, pulled out some keys out of a pocket and unlocked the apartment. He carried (Y/N) inside and put her on the couch, before locking the apartment twice.

"Where are we?"

"We are in my old apartment, Sprinkles. This is where I used to eat, sleep and take care of Penny."